Settling It

Coiny didn't do much that day. It was a lot different than what she was used to. Usually she would participate in every activity and play some video games with her cousins, but this year none of that felt natural or right to him, so he sat out and all he really did was eat and stay quiet. Since it was Toilet Paper's first time celebrating there, she did about the same as him. The two hung out in the lounge room as Penny's family continued with their own activities.  The two talked and talked all day, a few of Penny's family members came into the room and greeted them, but shortly left after.

They both caught up and as the conversations went on Coiny could feel his past connection with her return, and even grow more and more.

Ever since she had become a male he had naturally become more attracted to girls, even though he still had a taste in both guys and girls, but he became more attracted to girls.

And he could feel that natural attraction come into play. Thoughts of him and her together came to his mind. He tried to focus on their conversation, but the attraction was getting to him. Toilet Paper was such a nice girl, the two had the background from before, when she was Penny, she was fairly busty and her personality was super upbeat, which he liked.

But he buried this thoughts. He wasn't here to think about any of that.

"We should hang out later!" Toilet Paper suggested.

Coiny slightly shook his head, making sure not to aggravate his nose. "I can't, I'm going back to North Dakota after this." He paused. "I think."

Toilet Paper frowned and crossed her arms. "What do you mean?"

"I actually didn't think about what would happen after this." He mumbled.

"Well great, we can spend some time after this." She smiled.

Coiny's eye twitched at that thought. He looked away. "Yeah, we'll see what happens, I guess."

TP raised an eyebrow. "You okay, girl? You seem off."

"No, yeah, I'm fine."

She eyed him. Up and down she looked at his posture and expression. "Girl, I may have not seen you in almost a year, but I know something's up."

Coiny winced. Yeah, she was right. "I'm just stressed about having to talk with my mom, that's all."

A somber look formed on her face. "Yeah, I understand that." She didn't exactly know what to say. "Do you.. think you can do it?"

"Hm?" Coiny looked at her. "Do what?"

"Do this. For the rest of your life."

Coiny stared at her, she was looking at the floor and had a sad expression now. "Uh-" he bit his tongue, unsure what to say. "Toilet Paper?"

She let out a small sob. "Seeing you again, it brings me more pain than joy." She turned her body away from him, her back facing his chest. "The first few months were the hardest without you. When your bullies figured out you were gone for good they targeted me instead. I didn't have anyone there to help me, because you were the only friend I had." Her back slouched and soon she was curled up into a ball on the couch next to him. "And now that you're here it hurts cause I know I probably won't see you again in a long time. Maybe I won't see you ever again."

Coiny's heart hurt, hearing that. A moment passed where there was silence, except for a sniffle from Toilet Paper. He put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Toilet Paper. Let's make most of the time we have together now, okay? I'll make sure we can spend time with each other."

She still stayed in a ball. "You promise?"

He stares at her intently. "I promise."

She sniffles and sits up again, although still faced away from him. "Damnit, Penny." She mumbled, using his old name. She quickly turned around and gave him a hug, throwing her arms around him. "Thank you."