The Bad, The Tragic, And The Nightmare

Penny opened the front door. It was silent except for the faint sound of boiling water in the kitchen.

"Auntie?" Penny called out. "You.. wanted to talk to me?"

There was no response. She walked deeper inside the house. Her footsteps and boiling water were now all that was heard inside the house. She looked inside the kitchen. It was mostly and moist.

She slightly gagged at the feeling of being moist. She went over to the pot of steaming water, and she turned doff the stove. She removed the pot away from the hot surface.

This was not like Aunt DC. She never left stuff like this. Her eyes squinted. What happened?

With a suspicious "huh."  She left the kitchen and walked past the living room to the hallway filled with all the bedrooms and bathrooms.

A noise. Penny flinched. It was a phone notification. It must be Aunt DC's phone. She peeked into Aunt DC's bedroom. One more notification. She pushed the door open.

Still no sign of Auntie. She walked over to the other side of the bed.

And there she was. Penny screamed.

Aunt DC was laying on the floor, unconscious.

Penny started to panic. "What do I do?" She mumbled fastly. She put her hands on her head.

Check for a heartbeat.

She knelt down and put her ear up to her aunties chest. There was a heartbeat. A pretty normal heartbeat.

This calmed Penny a bit, as she stood up. She studied her grandma. Her belly rose up, and fell down at a steady pace. When Penny stopped making noise she could hear her breathing.

She sighed, and made a 'phew!' sound. She knelt down again and started to shake her aunties shoulder. "Wake up." She said so softly it remembered the nights in her old house where her mother would comfort her endlessly at night, when Penny would hear gunshots.

After about two or three minutes of repeating the gesture, her auntie groaned and woke up.

Penny immediately hugged her, almost wanting to cry. "Oh!" Her auntie was surprised by her sudden awakening and hug.

"Auntie, you scared me so much." She whispered.

Aunt DC hugged her back. "I'm sorry, honey." But she let go and her expression turned into a saddened one. Aunt DC stood up and sat on her bed. "Your.. father was diagnosed with.." She started to choke up. "He's only got a week to live." A few tears started to slip from Aunt DC.

Penny's mouth dropped slowly. She felt horrible. First she runs away, and then her father is going to die in a week. And her mother...

"D-Does that mean mom...?" She didn't even want to finish that sentence.

Aunt DC nodded. "Yes. She is going to have.. an abortion."

-

Heyo! Short chapter this time, because.. I wanted to make a chapter solely focusing on Penny's family problems. :)

Hope you enjoyed :)