It's Time

She had gone through a lot. It was starting to take a toll on her.  She was bullied at school..

~

"Pathetic. Maybe if you hadn't ruined everything you'd see the light of day again."

~

She got stabbed that day. If it weren't for the bullies friends shaking that they weren't maniacs she would have died. The hospital trucks and vans got there just in time and she survived. But maybe it would've been better if she had died. Ah, who knows. She also had to deal with gangs..

~

Zoom. Clank!

A stray bullet flew past her ear. She quickly flopped behind the small brick wall. It would keep her out of harm's way for now, until the gang fight was over.

"P-Please! Don't-"

BANG!

Penny's eyes shot to the entrance of the little park. One of the gang members was laying on the floor, gasping for breath. He had been shot. He must have lost his weapon.

The gang member saw her and held out a hand in desperation.

Penny gasped and crawled an inch back.

The gang member croaked something so quiet it was unintelligible. Tears formed at her eyes. She stood up and fled as fast as she could from the chaos that was unfolding.

~

And the abuse her parents gave her.

~

Her mother slammed her phone on the ground. "I give you a phone and you start deciding to slack off? This is unacceptable!" She screeched.

Penny flinched. "Sorry.."

"I expect better of you, ma'am. I'm grounding you. Two weeks without your phone."

Penny nodded, keeping her eyes fixated on the floor.

Her mother walked over to her, grabbing a flyswatter on a nearby counter along the way. "Stand up." Her mother commanded.

She obeyed, ready for the pain.

"This will teach you!" She struck her back. "And this!" She struck her neck. "And this!" She struck her leg. "And this! And this! AND THIS!" She struck her on the head, as hard as she could.

Penny whimpered, as she crumbled down onto her knees.

Her mom took a few breaths. "To your room! Now!"

She quietly stood up and walked away to her room, weeping softly along the way.

~

But I guess it isn't all bad. She did have a friend. Her name was TP, or Toilet Paper. And she helped her through a lot. But no time to dwell on the past. Cause the past would no longer be relevant in her new life.

She let the man put the device over he mouth. And she dozed off into a quiet sleep.

-

Hey! This is a prologue of sorts, to show some of the experiences of Penny. Um.. I don't quite know how to explain it. Anyway, I hope y'all like this and I'll see you next time. Bye!