Forgetful

As Leafy waited for Pin to arrive at her house, she got prepared for the cold night. She got a winter jacket, hat, snow boots, and even a scarf. Teardrop, Pin and her all decided to spend the night out in the city before Christmas Eve, the night before the party.  They all wanted to have fun together, enjoying the happy atmosphere.

As she grabbed her phone, she got a ring from her parents' door. "Bye mom, bye dad!" She shouted as she ran down the stairs and out the door, to run into Pin. Pin fell back into a pile of snow. "Leafyyyyy!" Pin whined, standing up. Snow littered her hair. She dusted some snow off herself. "Get in, Leafy." She jokingly rolled her eyes.

Pin got into her car. Teardrop was in the passenger seat, so Leafy sat in the back. "I'm excited for tomorrow." Leafy said.

"I know, right?" Teardrop agreed.

Pin nodded, starting up her car. "Yeah, I can't wait to see everyone else."

"Yeah! Like Bubble, Eggy, Cake, and Coiny." Leafy smiled.

Pin put up a finger as she backed out of Leafy's driveway. "Actually, Coiny told me he wouldn't make it to the event tomorrow. He said he'd be out of town."

Leafy frowned. "Aw.." she quickly returned to a cheery mood. "Well at least we have everyone else!" Teardrop nodded in agreement.

The three drove off towards the city, ready to have some fun tonight.

-

Coiny sighed, bored. It had been a whole two days of driving, and he was getting sick of sitting in DC's car.

They were now in Montana, nearing the top part of Idaho. Coiny laid his head against the window, lazily keeping his eyes open. He felt carsick.

He adjusted his seat to be more comfortable. He wanted to just be home already. He lazily blinked, looking out the window. At least the snow looked nice.

His lips parted slightly open to take in a breath. DC noticed his tired mood. "You feeling okay, dear?" She asked, not looking at him.

Coiny forced himself to sit up a bit straighter, to look more professional. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." He slouched.

"Don't worry, we'll stop soon enough to eat. You can get up and stretch when we get there." Aunt DC smiled as him.

Coiny smiled weakly back. "Alright." He leaned his head against the window. He sighed, taking out his phone to check the time. 2:37 P.M.

He stuffed his phone back in his pocket.

An hour later, the two had finally stopped at a place to eat. Coiny quickly got out of the car and stretched out, satisfying his cramped bones. The cold air felt good compared to the stuffy atmosphere of the car.

Coiny opened his eyes to check where they had stopped. They stopped at a little Subway shop next to a gas station. DC got out of the car. Coiny walked up to the entry door and held it open for DC, who smiled at him. He stepped inside after.

Once they stepped inside,they could see there was no line. The only other people inside was a teen sitting by himself, eating a footlong, checking his phone and then there was the one subway worker.

Coiny swore he recognized the teen, though. It seemed to be mutual to him as well, since the two made eye contact, both with studying gazes. Coiny quickly looked away, and the teen turned his head away, but kept his eyes on Coiny. It made him feel a little uncomfortable.

DC and Coiny had gone up to the line and ordered thier sandwiches, and moved to a booth. It was exactly left of the teen, who had finished eating their footlong. He was now finishing up the beverage he ordered, staring down at his phone.

Coiny studied what he was wearing. He was wearing an oddly familiar light blue sweatshirt and had gray sweatpants. He also had a small mustache growing. It was a bit hard to see, but it was there. Coiny could also see the agitated look on his face.

DC noticed him eyeing the boy. "What's up, Coiny?" Those words must've triggered something in the teens mind, cause he looked over, up from his phone. "Do you recognize him?"

Coiny nodded. "Yeah, I think." Coiny stood up. He started walking over.

The boy looked away from him as he approached. Once they were in conversation distance, the boy said, "Y'know, Coiny, staring at people is rude." He gritted through his teeth.

"Not like you haven't been doing it either." Coiny mumbled. He then cleared his throat. "Well you know my name, but I don't recognize you. Who are you?"

The boy groaned loudly, catching the attention of Aunt DC and the one employee that worked there. "Clock."

Coiny thought about it for a moment. Then he remembered. "Oh yeah! I met you at Needle's house that one time." He stuck out his hand. "Nice to see you again."

Clock swatted his hand away, to Coiny's surprise. He gasped in surprise. "Shut the fuck up." Clock clenched his fists and teeth. His muscles tensed as he stood up. "I'm tired of this shit." Clock took a deep breath.

Coiny, with a concerned face, took a step forward. "What are you talking about, Clock?"

Clock snapped to face Coiny. "Stop pretending." Clock started. "You pretends to care, but I know you don't."

"What, Clock I-"

"SHUT THE F-" Clock took another breath, doing his best to steady his temper. "When Firey moved everyone went to his house. Everyone said goodbye to him." Clock shook his head. "Needle told me a few days after about it. Funny thing was, I was gonna move out in a week, too. I told her about it and she responded with 'oH, oKaY.' She didn't even care!" He shouted. The employee and DC didn't know what to do and how to defuse the situation.

"Sir, calm down!" The employee shouted, starting to shuffle closer to a door.

"Nobody cares when I moved out, I didn't even get farewell wishes!" His blood boiled and his muscles tensed. "You forgot about me, too. When you walked in you didn't even know who I was."

"I'm gonna come in there, sir!" The employee opened the door and stepped inside frantically.

"And even," Clock held out his phone in front of him. "My own.. parents forgot about me! I've been out of the house for six hours, without telling them and they haven't noticed I was gone till now! And they only remembered me cause of a stupid ass chore I have to do that they're too lazy to do themselves!" Clock gripped his phone hard in his right hand, and looked down, his face twitching with sadness and anger.

Coiny stood, frozen. He wasn't expecting this when he had walked into this subway, especially not one in a different state. The employee rushed through another door "Calm down!" He shouted.

Clock snapped his head up. "I'm tired of being FORGOTTEN!" Clock raised his right arm. His phone was still in his hand, the top part of the phone sticking up. With the spearhead oh the phone, Clock pulled a powerful punch into Coiny's jaw.

DC gasped and the employee hesitated for a second.

Coiny's head snapped back, along with his body. He stumbled back, holding his jaw where it had been punched. He could feel a tooth had fallen out and his jaw felt shaken up.

Clock sprinted out of the subway after that, avoiding the employee on the way out. Clock ran out of the subway, tripping once on the way out from the snow, and jumped into his car.

As silence filled the room, Coiny fell back into his seat, holding his jaw with both of his hands. He was starting to feel it more. His tongue tasted blood from the tooth that had fallen out and his jaw felt immediate soreness from where he had been punched. He groaned in pain.

"Coiny!" DC was already over to Coiny, holding him.

The employee didn't know what to do and seemed paralyzed. He felt awkward and out of place, so he didn't say anything as he called 911.

-

Wow it's been over a month? Shit. I finally decided not to be a lazy ass and finish this chapter, so here it is. Hope you like it. It's not one of my better chapters, but it could be worse. See y'all next time. Peace.