Chapter 11 - I don't want to fight anymore

"If I conquered all of my demons, there wouldn't be much left of me."

***************

Nikolas's POV

"Please tell me you weren't just about to shoot him," Alex said, his bewildered eyes drifted between me and Roman.

"Shoot who?" Emma's voice had me turn my head to see her walking through the door, her eyes suspiciously drifting between the three of us.

"Alex, you don't get it," I tried to explain and his eyebrow raised, "Get what for god's sake, you were pointing a gun to Roman's back just a second ago, weren't you?"

"Wait, what?" Roman asked, his eyes growing wide, "I mean I know we never liked each other, but I thought we were on the same team."

Emma's eyes grew wider and she took a threatening step forward, "You did what?" She questioned, "Nikolas, please tell me you weren't about to kill my husband."

My jaw tightened, "Well, I stopped myself, didn't I?"

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Emma grated out. Seconds only and she was in my face, I wasn't expecting her attack as she pushed me away, making the gun drop out of my grip, "It's Isaac, isn't it?" She shot out and my hand immediately grabbed her wrist, stopping her punch.

"Emma!" I stressed out, warning her.

But looks like I unleashed a monster, "You're unbelievable!" She snapped and I kept dodging her punches, one after the other, trying my best to keep calm and not attack back.

I grabbed her arm, then the other and my anger had me pushing her back against the wall, "Don't make me do something I'll regret, Emma!" I snapped back, and the harshness in my eyes pinned her down.

Air pushed harshly out of her lungs and her unconquerable eyes stared up at me, "And to think I was starting to care about you," She commented, venom dripping between her words as she pushed at my chest, forcing me away from her, "I thought you and I are the same," She scoffed, "But I am not a coward like you."

"You let Isaac manipulate you, just like he did with Alex," Her gaze drifted between us, "You two are really brothers, aren't you?"

She walked away, "I am going back to London," She said, "I am not gonna stay and try to help someone who doesn't want to be helped."

Roman's shocked eyes followed her as she left the room, taken aback by the fact she was at his side for once. He took that as his cue to follow her, leaving both Alex and me alone.

Alex's disappointed gaze fell on me again and he broke the silence, "Seriously?" He asked, in disbelief.

"You seriously considered killing him?" He questioned and I shrugged, "It was simple math, his life for all of yours," I explained, and the anger in his eyes only doubled as I added, "I was willing to take that risk."

His eyes grew a bit wide, shocked that this part of me still exists and the muscles of his jaw tightened, "What happened?" He asked, "What in the hell did Isaac tell you?"

The accusation in his tone had me defending myself, "He knows everything Alex, he is always watching us, he fucking knows where I live," I can't begin to understand how he does it, "I kept Natalie there thinking it's safe, but he was just baiting me, he knows everything, he is always a step ahead," I snapped, frustrated at the situation, "What was I supposed to do?"

"So what, he told you to kill Roman in exchange of what," His eyebrow raised, "Keeping us safe?" He shook his head, "I don't buy it," He said, "You were gonna go back to him, weren't you?"