Chapter 46 - My number-one girl

This is a fluffy chapter, consider it a belated valentine's gift. Anyways, drama will hit soon after, don't worry xD

Also there is a small mature content within the chapter, so, kids close your eyes! xD

Happy reading!

***********

"The world doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?"

************

Nikolas's POV

It's just one of those days.

The very rare ones, where I wake up peacefully, with no darkness or nightmares clinging to the edges of my consciousness. My mind was calm, my memories soundless, and my heart steady.

I breathed into the delicate scent surrounding me, my lips tilting up just slightly at the feel of her body, all plastered up against my own. My eyelids glided open, blinking away sleep before they drifted down to the woman wrapped in between my arms.

Uncontrolled, my heart hammered, my pulse raced, and a thunder of emotions pounded through my veins the longer I gazed at her. Her hair was a blonde mess all over my arm. Her face buried deep into the bare skin of my chest. Her arm was lazily thrown around my waist, clinging to me even in her deep sleep. My shirt covered her upper body as she sank into my hold, fitting inside it in a way only she can.

My palm stroked down her back, and I edged my head down, pressing my lips and kissing the top of her head. My little gesture had her humming and she stirred slightly, inching and burying herself closer to me. A low breath parted her lips and I watched as she blinked her eyes open, dragging herself out of dreamland. Her chest moved and she blinked her eyes again before her lips tilted into a small smile and her gaze flickered up from my chest and met my eyes.

I smiled, "Hey."

Her blue eyes were hazy still, her sinful lips all pink and swollen. Her cheeks got all flushed, the color rushing back to her face and she mumbled back lowly, "Hey."

With my palm over her lower back, I pulled her even closer, needing every inch of her pressed into mine. She untangled the arm that was around my waist and brought it up, resting it over the side of my neck, smiling shyly as she asked, "What are your plans for today?"

"I plan to cancel all of your plans so we can stay in here all day long," I answered and she giggled, her fingers fluttering over the skin of my neck and cheek, "What a coincidence, that was my plan as well," She said.

I involuntarily smiled, it was impossible not to when she was around and in my arms again, "We can start by having breakfast because I am starving-" She started to say and my hand moved further down, grabbing her ass, squeezing at it and pulling her closer, "I know exactly what I am having for breakfast."

Her eyes widened slightly and she playfully slapped my chest, "Shush, I am the blunt one in this relationship!"

I leaned closer and kissed the top of her shoulder, moving closer in and kissing the side of her neck, "Not anymore."

She giggled and squirmed in my hold, a low sound parted her lips when I nibbed at the area right below her ear, "Hmm okay, who needs food anyway-" She mumbled in satisfaction. I edged backward, my hand resting over her cheek, tilting her head to the correct angle and ready to press my lips into the heavens of hers.