Seventeen

BRETT'S POV

The whole table was filled with chatter and laughter while I silently ear dinner with the soloists. "So, Brett," I look up and see Eddy sipping wine, "Since when did you start performing on competitions?" I clicked my tongue and scoffed, "You were trending worldwide, The Return of the Prodigy? I keep wondering why you came back to the spotlight, and once again stealing mine." Eddy fixed his blazer, giving me a glare.

"How about we talk about this privately, outside, shall we? I refuse to make a scene." Eddy stood up from his chair and smiled at me, "Hm, Edward, where are you going?" One of the soloists asked him and grinned, "Brett and I will go for a walk outside the building. We'll be back in a minute." He looked at me and gestured me to follow him. I stood up and followed him, "Don't you love it, you get to spend with your bestfriend after years of not seeing each other?"

I remained silent and stared at the pavement, "I'm quite surprised that you stole my spotlight, once again. Seriously Brett, you're getting in my nerves." Eddy scoffed and stopped walking, "All eyes on you and not me. Why's that?" Eddy asked and chuckled, "Well, maybe fix that cocky attitude of yours and grow up?" I defended myself, "What, fix my attitude and grow up? You fix your attitude and grow up. Brett let me tell you this, you're a selfish person. All you do is to think about yourself." Maybe I am. "If you weren't selfish, your brother would be still here."

I tried not to cry or throw hands at him, I tried to keep myself calm, but I just can't, "Stop being so full on yourself, prodigy." "Stop calling me that." I clenched my fists and breathed heavily, "Eddy, you ruined me," I looked at him, anger filling my eyes, "And you have the courage to say that you have no regrets in ruining my life?" My hands went cold, "You're still stubborn as before, Brett." He scoffed and smiled.

"Also, Brett, I saw you with a girl backstage." Shit, "I don't know you have a girlfriend, that's new." I fiddled my fingers and stood in silence, "Mind your own business, leave us alone." I stepped forward, "Oh, so she really is your girlfriend?" I didn't answer, "Please, Eddy, leave us alone." I looked down, "Or what?" "Don't worry, a punch won't hurt." Maybe he's right all along, maybe I'm too self-centered, is this why I lost my brother?

Drowned in my thoughts, I can feel my fists hurting. My fists literally went flying, then I hear Eddy chuckle, again. "Did you seriously think a punch will change your past? Let me tell you, no matter how hard you try to change it, it's not going to happen." A single tear fell from my eye, "Thanks for ruining my face, prodigy." Eddy wiped off the blood of his mouth and laughed, "Are you done talking? You're such a waste of time, I could've been at home right now."

I complained and glanced at him, "You're going home? It's too early, seriously, I flew from Vienna to Brisbane for a reunion. Stop ruining the fun, Brett." Eddy furrowed his eyebrows, I nodded faintly as we walked back to the grand hall, all eyes on Eddy. "Oi, what happened to your bottom lip?" Ray asked and raised his eyebrows, "I fell face first while we went on a walk with Brett." He laughed and scratched his head.

"Aww, that's cute!" Hilary looked at us, please no. "Unfortunately, Mr. Prodigy said he's leaving the party soon." Eddy tapped my shoulders and grinned, "That's too bad, I actually want to see you guys perform together--" "Yeah, can you guys perform, just once?" Hilary pleaded and pouted, "Well, Brett said he had to leave urgently. Maybe next time." Eddy sighed and smiled, "C'mon, bud." He pointed at the door as I waved goodbye to my colleagues and walked away.

I grimaced and gave him a stare, "Don't you think I can be a good actor?" "No." I answered plainly, "Oh, still mad at me?" I walked faster and left the hall, "Eddy, please, just for once, leave me alone-" "Oh, Professor Grawert, long time no see." I turned around to see Olaf standing behind me, "Hello Edward, you were one of my best students before." Olaf let out his hand for a handshake as Eddy just stared at it, "Thank you, professor. I'm glad that Brett is performing again."

Olaf took his hand away and cleared his throat, "How's Austria?" He asked, "Austria is great. I'm actually planning to invite Brett for a stay there. You can come as well, professor." I sighed and crossed my arms, "Thank you for the offer, Eddy but I'm busy practicing for my next performance next week and next month." I grinned sarcastically as he clicked his tongue. God, he's annoying, I just want to go home. "Olaf!" A voice escaped behind me, it's Y/N. "Is Brett-hello, Brett!" She greeted me with a smile.

"Oh, so that's Y/N." Eddy pointed at her, "Eddy, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Eddy." I gave him a lopsided smile and exhaled deeply, "Hello, Y/N. Nice to meet you." His arm extended to offer Y/N a friendly handshake, I panned to Y/N, accepting his handshake and smiled, "You too, Eddy." Their hands broke apart and she looked at me, "It's been fun talking to you, Brett." Eddy foxed his glasses, "Good luck on avenging your brother's death." I hear Y/N gasp, "What-" "Leave him be, Y/N." I held her hand all of a sudden and stopped, "So that's him." She stuttered.

I still see color red, but everytime I see him, it goes darker and darker. Am I slowly fearing Eddy? "Yes, that's him. That's the person that took away my hue." I breathed heavily, glaring at him from afar, casually walking back to the grand hall. Hurt me as much as you want, but don't you ever hurt Y/N, Eddy. I slithered my hands onto her shoulders, "Come on, let's go home." I won't let you hurt the person who brought back my colors.

I won't let you hurt her.

You prick.

~~~

hello, sorry for the long wait for seventeen, ive been so busy bc of school but i do hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! it's kinda rushed but i hope you like it!

~cara