Twenty Seven

Y/N'S POV

I stood there, frozen in fear. I can't believe I'm looking at the love of my life dying in front of me. "Brett, stay with us!" His mom wailed while his dad calmed her down. The doctors did everything to revive him. Nothing happened.

My lips quivered, my body went cold. "Fight, Brett." I whispered as my voice cracked. I can feel the lump in my throat. The machine started beeping again. My eyes widened, "We have a pulse." I took a deep breath and hugged his mom and dad as tight as I could.

The doctors checked on his vital signs, his parents started crying out of joy. His vitals were stable and the machine beeped normally. You scared the living daylights out of me. I sat back down on the cold steel chair outside the unit and took deep breaths.

The nurses and doctors fixed his unit as one of them left the room, "His vital signs are getting back to normal and he's slowly recovering. We just need to check up on him for at least 48 hours." I stared at his parents, trying to calm themselves down.

~~~

BRETT'S POV

I can't move nor talk. I forced myself to open my eyes or move my finger but I just couldn't. "His vital signs are getting back to normal and he's slowly recovering..." I heard the muffled voice of the doctor. Brent was right, I still have a lot to live for and I want to pursue my dreams of being a violin virtuoso and to live my life together with the ones I love.

Thinking about my brother, him leaving was painful and haunting. I just couldn't forget what I saw when he was rushed inside the emergency room and I will never forget what the doctor said when he left. The day when I lost everything.

I sometimes ask myself...

Why did I suffer too much?

Is this not enough?

When will this madness end?

I also think to myself... The pain will end when I'm gone. Am I the problem? Am I the barricade of everyone's lives? Why did the universe give me such an aching and angry route in my life? "Brett." I once again heard a voice. "You're never the problem. Not even once. Don't ever think that."

It's Y/N...

"Everything will change after you're gone, but that doesn't mean every aspect of the story will alter,"

"Think about your friends. Your family. And me. What do you expect will happen to us after you end up leaving? The hauntings and the pains will cling to us, like a neverending loophole."

"So please. Stay with us, with me. We still have a lot to go through. Let's journey our lives... together." I tried to move but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't. "I hope you're listening, Brett." I can hear her standing up and walking around the room, "This was when I realized that I felt different when I spent my time with you. And that feeling is love." I can hear her tuning the violin.

Salut d'Amour. The piece when I realized that I am in love with her and when she realized she felt different when she spent time with me, when she also fell in love with me.

She's getting better and better at violin everyday. How I wish I could play it with her, I'll never forget the day when I accompanied her with the piano. We sounded perfect together. Actually no, more than perfect. I miss those days when everything is alright. I wish I could stay in that time forever. No pain, no sadness, just smiles and laughter.

I want to feel her warm embrace again. I want to play the violin with her again. I just want everything to be okay, but this feels like it's me and against the world. Why can't the universe let me be happy for a while? Then we have Eddy. The person who ruined me. Seeing him right after I got shot, I thought he was enraged and angry.

As soon as I looked at his eyes, I saw nothing but guilt and regret. I honestly thought he was happy right after he did it but he wasn't. Before I blacked out, I heard him whimpering while he got inside the police car. I know he's troubled and broken, as much as I want to help him, the things he did will leave a scar in my life.

The wound he gave me became a scar, the scar that frequently bleeds even when I barely touch it. It's excruciating and it stings. Then, someone came and slowly healed the wounds that I've been keeping to myself for years. My brother gave him everything, I gave him my all, what else does he want? I may look like I don't care about him but I really do.

Every time our eyes meet, I remember what and how it was supposed to be but I never expected that it'll end up this way. Filled with hatred, anger and rage. I hate him for ruining my life but I don't want to plant this anger all my life. A little talk with Eddy wouldn't hurt. Maybe...

~~~

Y/N'S POV

I finished playing the piece and looked at him, "You still sound better than me." I smiled as I kept my violin inside the case. I sat down beside him and held his hand... Then I felt a soft tap, I looked at him and saw him awake. "H-He's awake!" I cried out and rushed outside, "Mom, dad! He's awake!" I quickly hugged his parents, my tears were uncontrollable. "Room 253, the patient is awake."

The doctor and nurses entered his room and checked his responses. My heart was beating so fast; so fast that I thought I was performing in front of thousands of people. I looked through the window, they're continuing to check on his vital signs and responses. "He's finally awake. Maybe he thinks I played Salut d'Amour the wrong way." I joked and smiled.

I glanced at his parents, still smiling as they hugged each other out of joy.

You really did hear what I said.

~~~

sorry for the inactivity! i got soooo busy at school and i got no free time to open wattpad and write this chap :(( but ill promise ill update this month often since colors will be ending within the year

thank you for being patient!

~cars