Four

BRETT'S POV

It's already 3:30 PM, dismissal time. I stood up from my chair and left my practice room. Yes, I'm skipping classes. I carried my case and went out to see Y/N again, I called her, "Y/N-" I frowned once again, seeing her with Zach.

Oh right, they have a date. I shrugged and stormed out quickly but I couldn't pass through Y/N and Zach. I have no choice but to bump on them. "Hey Brett, piss off with your rude manners." Zach defended, "That's what you get for walking like a turtle!" I confronted him.

"Brett, Zach." I can hear Y/N trying to stop us from trouble. He's getting on my nerves for so terribly long. "You think you're tough?" I see Zach towering at me, "I'm sorry, Zach. I don't fight someone who's desperate like you." I walked away.

"Just tell me that you're scared, Brett!" He laughed, I looked at Y/N again, staring back at me as concern filled her eyes. I shook my head at her in disappointment. I don't know what to feel, I feel angry or sad. There's this new feeling again.

Green. Such an angry color. I don't feel angry or sad but I feel jealous. It's new to me. I never felt jealousy before. But how did this happen? Why am I feeling something I don't know? Why are these colors new to me?

I continued to walk down the pavement until I reached where my brother stayed. I sat down beside his gravestone, exhaling sharply. "I need answers, Brent." I looked up at the yellow skies, the sun setting.

"Why am I feeling different? Why am I expressing these new feelings to myself?" I asked, "Being in love with Y/N can't be possible. I just saw her days ago!" I yelled at the skies, why am I acting like this? It can't be possible!

I quickly went straight home and took out my laptop, doing some research about crushes.

Is it normal when you have a crush on someone you just met?

I searched and a lot of things popped up. Then I saw just one word.

Yes. It is also called love at first sight.

I gulped. Well, maybe it's not Y/N I'm crushing on. There are lots of girls here in Brisbane, not just Y/N. She just moved here. I stood up from my computer chair and went downstairs. "Where are you going, Brett? Dinner is almost ready!"

"I don't care, I'll go for a walk!" I yelled and wore my hoodie. I took out my cracked cellphone and checked my schedule again. I can't see anything because of these annoying cracks on my screen.

"Brett?" Someone called. I'll just ignore that. "Hey Brett, it's Y/N." I turned around to see Y/N. "How's your date with Zach?" I asked her plainly, "Well, it's fine. He's very kind and a happy guy. It's just... cute, you know?" My heart was beating rapidly.

"But, what happened to you two a while ago?" She asked me, "Come on, didn't you pay attention?! He's blocking the way and I'm rushing! He's always been like that since 5 years ago!" I exclaimed as Y/N looked me deeply in the eye.

I went silent, I just stared at her, "Red." I murmured, "I'll see you tomorrow, Brett." She walked away as I watched her walking away from me. Red, the color that I always feel throughout the years. I think a cup of coffee will make me calm down.

40 MINUTES LATER...

I went back home and was surprised by my mom with a very huge smile. "Someone left these for you, Brett." A piece of paper? "And also this." And a bag? I went upstairs and locked my room.

I opened the piece of paper and, it's a handwritten note.

Hey Brett,

Sorry about what happened a while ago. I truly am. I know I'm very stupid for not paying attention. Also, sorry if this makes you feel uneasy. Especially when I know where you lived. I know Christmas is still months away but I'll give you a gift instead. It's inside the bag, but anyway, wanna drop by the coffee shop tomorrow? I'll pay for you.

Sincerely yours,

Y/N

I am flustered. I quickly checked the bag and there's a box. I gently opened it... I can't believe what I just received. Then, another paper dropped.

Sorry for breaking your phone. I hope you'll like the new phone I got you. Not really a new phone, I barely used it so you can have it. I hope you'll like it.

I can't believe she gave me a new phone. She just gave me a new phone. I felt it again. Yellow. Happiness. Then, a knock on my door was heard. I returned the phone inside the bag and hid the letters. I opened the door to see my mom.

"I never knew you had a girlfriend, Brett—" "Mom, she's not my girlfriend." I quickly placed the bag inside the drawer as I sat down on my bed. "Who is she?" She asked me again, "A friend of mine, I mean—" I shook my head, she's not my friend!

"A friend? It's good to hear you had a friend in your classes! What's her name?" My mom asked me again, "Mom, just stop, okay? Leave me alone." I rolled my eyes. I feel my face burning again. "You're all red. Are you blushing?" I panicked.

I don't know what to do. Why am I blushing in front of my own mother?! "I-I always turn red! You know what, get out of my room." I stood up as I felt my mom's hands holding into my arm, "You're in love?" No. It can't be.

"Mom, no. I just met her like days ago. It can't be possible. Plus, I've never felt love since I was 14." I explained plainly, "What if I tell you, you may be in love with her. I know you, Brett." "No one knows me." I replied sharply, "You turn red or blush when you're in love." My mom told me.

It can't be. It can't be. I am not! This is just my persona. "You're lying." I chuckled in disbelief as she shrugged. She left me in my room with my eyes wide open.

"Dinner's ready, your dad's waiting for you downstairs."

I can prove to myself that I'm NOT in love with that Y/N L/N girl.

~~~