Ten

BRETT'S POV

"Ugh." I woke up and groaned, it's so cold here. I have no energy, I just want to sleep. I sneezed again, I'm literally sick. I hope mom doesn't know I'm sick, she treats me like I'm a damn infant. I got up from bed and went downstairs, my mom and dad eating their breakfasts.

"Brett, are you okay?" Mom asked, looking at me differently, "Your nose is all red." Dad told me, pointing at my nose, then I sneezed, "You have a cold?!" I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I should've told you sooner, please don't take my rice away." I exhaled.

Mom sighed, grabbing the medicine by the counter top and the thermometer at the cupboard, "Take a rest, go to your room." I have no choice but to follow what my mom told me. Mom took my temperature, damn, my energy is literally drained out.

"That's not good." My mom grimaced, giving me the medicine and the water. I hate drinking medicines, "Ah shit, that tastes awful." "Language, young man." Mom gave me a sharp look as I rolled my eyes.

My phone started ringing and I realized it's Y/N who's calling me, "Hmm?" I answered, tired of talking, "Hey, are you cutting classes again? You're not in the practice room, I bought you a sandwich." I exhaled.

"You can have it." I replied, sitting up straight as I watched outside. It's still raining, "W-Why—" "No questions." I hung up the phone and sighed again. Then I hear my phone ringing again, it's still Y/N.

"You're sick, aren't you?" I gulped, nothing to answer but she hung up. I rolled my eyes and put down my phone on my bed, ugh, I'm so drained. I feel like I'm about to rot. I heard a knock on my door and saw my mom.

"What do you want?" I asked weakly, taking off my eyeglasses, rubbing my eyes. I looked at the door and saw, "Hey." Y/N gave me a half smile, I widened my eyes, I wanted to get up and let her out of my messy room but I could barely move.

She cleared her throat and handed me the sandwich she bought for me, "Hmm, thanks." I thanked her, my voice so weak, "You're so stubborn, I told you we'll share the jacket!" Y/N gritted her teeth, whispering aggressively.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." I raised my eyebrows, responding weakly, "Look at you, you're stuck on your bed for a day." Y/N sighed, "Should we cancel our lessons on Sat—" "No, don't. You still have to learn your favorite piece." I grinned.

I forced myself to sit on my bed and ate my sandwich, "Get back to your lessons. I'll be fine." I frowned, "You can't tell me what to do, Brett. I'm not going anywhere until you're fine." She crossed her arms and looked at me.

"Well, shit." I whispered to myself, we heard a knock from the door and saw my mom entering with food for both of us. She smiled and thanked mom. I placed the food at the bedside table and closed my eyes.

I want to sleep, but I'm hungry. My body felt so heavy.

She looked at me, shivering. "Brett, you need to eat." She told me as I looked away, "You're not gonna feel better if you're not eating." I ignored her and closed my eyes. My eyes are so heavy, I need to sleep.

"Brett, look at me." I can feel someone sitting on my bed, I looked around and saw Y/N with a spoonful of porridge. "What the hell do I look like, a baby?" Seriously though? "Here comes the plane!" She made airplane noises, "Open your mouth!" I crossed my arms.

"I'm not a baby." I looked at her as she smiled at me, "You are the baby of your family, that counts." I don't care if I'm the youngest, I'm still not a baby, dammit! I ate the porridge as Y/N cheered. Oh wow, how supportive.

She kept doing the airplane technique and I somehow finished my food. "Very good, Bretty!" I groaned, "Don't call me that." I rolled my eyes, "Have you drank your medicine today?" She asked as I nodded. "Keep tracking and drink your medicines on time, Brett."

I can feel her warm hands intertwining on my dead cold fingers. "Get well soon, Brett." She smiled and warmed up my hands, I gave her a smile and held her hand, "Thank you, Y/N." I gently closed my eyes and fell asleep, feeling her warm hands.

I see orange, importance. I can't believe I'm important to someone, especially to Y/N. I always see pink when I'm around you Y/N. A-Am I in love with you? I can see you running towards me, everything went pink. So, it's you after all this time.

I woke up from the alarm clock as I sat up straight. There's no Y/N beside me anymore, "Drink your medicine, Brett." My mom looked at me, scarred after I jolted up, "When did Y/N leave?" I asked, "Half an hour ago, she left you something at your bedside table."

Mom left the room as I grabbed the little note from the bedside table. Check under your blanket. I squinted my eyes and checked my blanket and saw my jacket. Sweet! Then another note fell from my jacket.

I gently opened the note and smiled.

Get well soon, Bretty! Now that you're sick, you can't practice violin. The practice police are coming for you, anyway, sorry if it's my fault why you got a cold. I washed your jacket by the way, that's the only thing I can do for you. Don't forget to drink your medicine and eat! Get well soon, crackhead.

- Y/N, your bestfriend.

"Sorry Y/N but I can't see you as my best friend," I grinned to myself and stared at the ceiling, "I see you as someone who's more than a best friend."

After all this time, you're the one who made me feel these unique and new colors.

I love you for that, and I mean it. I admit it, I am in love with you.

Y/N L/N, I am in love with you, just you, nobody else. Only you.

~~~