Eight

BRETT'S POV

"Can I get your order—" "One hot cappuccino and," I faced at Y/N, "Iced coffee please, caramel macchiato." She smiled awkwardly at the waiter and finally walked away. "I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, Brett." She spoke, looking down, sadness in her eyes.

"Anyway, thanks for coming today. It means a lot to me." Orange. Importance. "Of course, Brett. Wanna go have a walk outside, have fun at the mall or just appreciate nature?" Y/N offered and smiled.

I really need to clear my mind right now. I just... want to forget about everything from the past and focus on what I have right now. Y/N.

"Here's your coffee." The waiter gave us the coffees, "Thank you, Brett." She replied and smiled, sipping her iced coffee. "Okay." I chuckled and looked at Y/N, "Again with that attitude, huh." She crossed her arms, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm always like this. I told you about this a lot." I shook my head in disbelief as she grasped my hand, taking us out of the shop. "Let's have some fun, shall we?" Y/N looked at me and smirked, "Damn you, Y/N." I mumbled under my breath.

Don't try to make me stay or ask if I'm okay, I don't have the answer.

"Come on, Brett." Y/N dragged me inside the mall, "What exactly are we doing here?" I groaned, looking at everyone, "We're gonna have a date." Y/N grabbed my hand and I walked with her, excuse me, a date?!

"W-What date?!" I stuttered as my voice cracked, "A friendly date, Brett." "W-We're not even friends!" She chuckled, still dragging me around the mall. "What do you think?" We stopped in front of the arcade, this brings back memories.

Don't make me stay the night or ask if I'm alright, I don't have the answer.

The smell of nostalgia with my brother, "I mean, if you don't mi-" "Let's have some fun here." She dragged me again to the arcade, "Think fast!" I turned around and saw the ball coming, hitting my face.

"Dammit, Y/N. You almost broke my glasses." I chuckled, taking off my glasses, and we started playing basketball in the arcade. "Whoever loses, will buy an ice cream." Y/N smiled and started to play. Based on our scores, it says that I suck at it. "I win!" She jumped in joy.

Heartache doesn't last forever. I'll say I'm fine.

"It's not fair, I suck at basketball." I rolled my eyes, "You wanna do a rematch?" I smiled devilishly, "Let's play laser tag." I'm confident to say that I'm good at playing laser tag, "Bring it on, Mr. Yang." She smiled back at me as we went to the entrance of the laser tag.

"If I win, you owe me bubble tea." We entered through opposite doors, shit, I'm scared to lose. I'm not gonna get my bubble tea. My eyes started to hurt, I started to hold in my laughter and saw Y/N across the room. I started shooting as she startled, dropping the laser gun. "Gotcha." I smirked.

Midnight ain't no time for laughing. When you say goodbye.

She chuckled and looked at me, "So, you got me. I owe you bubble tea." We both left the arcade and went to the closest bubble tea shop. "How's the bubble tea?" Y/N asked, glancing at me, "So good." I sipped on my bubble tea as Y/N smiled.

"What ice cream flavor do you want?" I asked plainly, she looked me in the eyes, "Pick a flavor." I sipped on my bubble tea again, waiting for her answer. "Uh, chocolate chip, why?" She finally answered as I held her hand, heading to the ice cream station. "One chocolate chip ice cream."

It makes your lips so kissable.

The cashier handed me the ice cream as I slowly received it, giving it to Y/N. "Thanks so much, Brett!" Y/N smiled like a little kid, eating her ice cream. "Would you mind going out to the mall plaza for some fresh air?" I told her, waiting for a response.

I looked down, flustered. "Sure, I love to have walks with you!" She agreed, I was still looking down, I could literally feel my face burning. We've been talking about our lives, our embarrassing moments and even our passion for playing the violin.

And your kiss unmissable.

We both sat down at the nearest bench to take a little rest, I started humming Elgar's piece, Salut d'Amour. The questions were still stuck in my head, "What piece is that you're humming?" She asked, not looking at me.

"Salut d'Amour by Elgar." I answered, "It sounds so beautiful. Especially the way how you play the piece." Y/N sighed.

Here it is again, pink. Love. But why? I-I'm not in love with Y/N nor does she love me. We're not even friends. Ever. No, I'm definitely not in love with Edward Elgar himself. He's dead.

Your fingertips so touchable.

Y/N's phone started ringing, interrupting my thoughts. "Oh, shit it's my mom calling me," I gasped and frowned, I guess this day's over, huh. "Mom said I should be home in 15 minutes." She pouted, staring at me. "It's okay, I'll take you to the highway." I tried not to smile.

We started walking to the highway and her singing of my surname came back again, "Sorry, I can't help it." She started laughing, "Shut up." I told her plainly, "Here comes the attitude and I say, it's not alright!" She sang and smirked.

And your eyes,

"By the way, Brett, thank you so much for today. I had a lot of fun with you." Y/N stopped walking, holding my right hand, "Don't thank me, Y/N." I started speaking, "I am the one who's going to thank you." I let out a half smile.

"Thank you for today, Y/N. Thank you for being a listener. Thank you for the things you did just to make me smile. This was the most fun I've ever had." I explained, smiling at me.

Before she could say anything, I pulled her into the warmest hug.

Y/N, thank you for bringing back my colors, you mean so much to me. Please don't take her away from me.

I may or may not be secretly in love with you, Y/N.

Irresistible.

~~~