Six

BRETT'S POV

Sun is shinin' in the sky, there ain't a cloud in sight.

I woke up from the noise coming from the radio. I assume it's a sunny day today. I groaned and grabbed my glasses by the bedside table, stretched my arms and yawned. I checked outside my window.

"The sun is out." I took a deep breath, "Good morning Brett!" Then, mom bursted into my door without knocking, "Mom, I told you to knock on the door! Don't just storm in without any fucking warning." I placed my hands on my chest.

"Language, young man." Mom placed the breakfast tray on my bedside table and walked towards me, "Mom, please don't freak out." I spoke, looking at her, "I have a guest coming today—"

"A guest?! Is it your girlfriend?! Goodness, my Brett is a man now!" Mom quickly hugged me, again, without any warning, I tried to free myself from the arms of my own mother. I hate hugs!

"It's not a girlfriend, mom!" I raised my voice, "We have a new classmate in the violin lesson and the professor wants me to teach her a few lessons. He told me she seems to understand me more than him."

I gulped and looked at the window once again, "We never know, she'll be my daughter-in-law soon." I sighed as my mom laughed. "I even hate her, mom." I frowned, she still continued to laugh at me.

"The more you hate, the more you love, Bretty." Mom left my room, still laughing, "Stop calling me 'Bretty'!" I yelled from inside my room and sighed, "I don't even like her. Never in a million years." I shook my head and ate my breakfast, took a shower and got myself ready to meet Y/N at the park.

I took my earphones and left the house. I walked to the park and waited for Y/N to arrive. I waited for 10 minutes and she's finally here.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Brett." She apologized and gave something to me, "What is this? If this is your excuse why you're late, then it's not valid." I rolled my eyes.

"Here comes the cocky attitude." She crossed her arms, "I'm always like this, what do you expect?" I spoke as she chuckled, "We're friends, Brett." She nudged her arm to mine. "Tsk, when will you learn? We're not friends!" I groaned.

"Anyway, let's go, let's not waste time." I furrowed my eyebrows and started walking. As soon as we arrived, we're greeted by my mom. Oh come on, really? "Good morning, Brett's bestfriend!" I shook my head in disappointment as I facepalmed, "M-Mom."

I gulped and looked at Y/N, "Oh um you can call me Y/N, Mrs. Uh—" Y/N stopped for a moment and smiled awkwardly, "Mom, please." I sighed and looked at my mom.

Mom stepped out of the way, still smiling that Y/N is here. She stopped for a moment and glanced at my practice room. I stopped and looked at her, gazing at my awards back then.

She squinted her eyes and held the picture frame of me and my long lost... acquaintance of mine. "That's enough." I grabbed the picture frame before she could ask anything. "Who's that boy beside you?"

"It's none of your business, Y/N. I don't want to talk about this. Can we just start our lessons?" I still hid the picture frame behind my back, breathing heavily, "Oh right, I almost forgot that I need to learn a few more lessons."

She took out her violin as well as me. "Sorry for asking, Brett." She cleared her throat and tuned her violin, "Okay, first let's practice the scales." I told her as she nodded.

I sat down on the chair and listened to the scales staring at her. Her face filled with passion and enjoyment. She really loves to play violin. "Hmm, not bad." I exhaled sharply and grabbed my violin.

"Zach taught you well." I cleared my throat and grabbed my sheet music on my bookshelf, "Can you play me this?" I pointed at Beethoven's Symphony No. 9. I looked at her, her eyes sparkling like stars.

Y/N began to play the piece, she's getting better everyday. The way she plays with passion and confidence makes me admire a lot about her. Fuchsia. A new color?

Passionate and confident. That's the color I see to Y/N. I see monotone colors around me but the saturation is slowly increasing. What's happening? "Uh, Brett?" She called, and I shook my head. I can't believe I'm spacing out in front of Y/N.

"Not bad, Y/N. Just keep practicing to make it perfect." I gulped and taught her a few more lessons. Y/N was getting even more better and better. "Lunch is ready!" I heard my mom call from the dining room as I stretched my arms.

"Okay Y/N, we'll continue a few more lessons after lunch. Don't forget the tips I gave to you." I told her plainly, "Y/N, dear, come have lunch with us!" Really, mom?!

"Oh don't worry, ma'am, I'll have lunch—" "Don't be shy, Y/N." I looked at her and gestured to her to come with me. She looked down and followed me to the dining room. "So you're already Professor Brett Yang?"

I rolled my eyes, "F-For Y/N, mom." I stuttered, looking at her, "How's Brett in his lessons, Y/N." Her eyes lit up as soon as she heard her name, "Well, uh, he's doing a great job in our lessons." She looked at me, smiling awkwardly.

"I'm glad you're getting along with Y/N, Brett." I'm honestly so done with this. "Thanks for the meal, Mrs. Yang." She smiled at my mom, "No worries, dear. I'm glad you liked the meal." We both stood up and went back to the practice room, she's just smiling like an idiot.

"W-What's with the smile?" I raised my eyebrows, "Oh nothing. Shall we continue our lessons?" She inhaled sharply, taking out her violin out of its case.

We continued the lessons full of laughter, frustration and even sadness. I feel like Y/N is the only person that can make me feel emotions, my colors.

Then, the alarm clock went berserk, our lessons are done for today. "I'll see you on Monday?" She returned her violin inside her case, carrying it. "See you on Monday, don't be late again next Saturday." I should walk her back to the highway.

"I'll walk you back to the highway—" She looked at me again, "If you want to." I tried to get away from the awkward atmosphere between us, "That would be great, Brett." Y/N smiled at me and we began walking.

"Yang, Yang, Yang, Yang." I looked at her, confused, "Uh, what?" Why the hell is she singing my surname over and over again? "Yang, Yang, Yang." She still continues to sing. Alright, what the fuck.

"Why are you singing my surname repeatedly?" I asked her, frustrated, "I love your surname, I think it's cute. Yang, Yang, Yang." I let out a small chuckle. Oh yeah, she never knew my last name, stupid me.

After minutes of walking and singing the 'Yang, yangs', we finally arrived at the highway. "Thanks for today, Brett." Y/N grinned, looking directly into my eyes, "No problem. I'll see you on Monday." I gave her a half smile as she got in the taxi, driving away.

I don't get why she's making me feel like a normal human being. Is it her problem, or mine? Anyway, I like that girl named Y/N. But, I don't see her as a friend. What's the reason why I don't see her as a friend? I just don't get it.

~~~