Kate and Joanne after 6x1

As soon as she walked through the doors after holding kates hand all she could think about was the little squeeze Kate gave her hand before she let go.
Jo walked straight into her office to take a breather and to stop thinking about the DI.

Jo ended up spending the rest of the day in her office thinking of a plan to get over what just happened.

—————— the next day——————

Jo hadn't slept at all during the night. All she could think about was Kate. Did she really have feelings for a woman who works for her team. She know she couldn't let Kate get in between the case so she tried her hardest to push it to the back of the mind.
When she arrives at work. She sees Kate already say at her desk working. She looks and give her a quick smile before rushing into her office. And all she could think about was Kate again.

For Kate on the other hand she had been having quite a stressful day.  Steve had called her asking to meet on the hill and she had mountains of paperwork to get through. She was just about to go and see jo and to give her some evidence when she got a text from Steve. It was already dark when she when to see him so he flashed his lights at her again
When she got in the car she turned to him and said "it's still a dick move you know flashing your lights"
Steve just laughed and shook his head. They sat chatting about things for about until Steve turned serious and turned to Kate.
"Listen mate we heard a rumours about you Davidson are they true"
"What Steve no I'm not even gay" Kate chocked when truth be told the moment she had with her he other day is all she has been thinking about.
"Well someone told us you've been having an affair"
"Really No. yeah I gave her a comforting hug the other day after she had just been bollecked just the knob superintendent but that is it."
"Ok well I thought I would give you a heads up because we have had reposts that thinks she is H and the gaffer is talking a hit bringing her in for questioning." Kates head started spiralling from this news so she nodded her head and said bye to her mate before going back to work to Finnish up for the day.

——————the next day—————
After getting home Kate decided to do some questioning in other officers on their force. She had a feeling Jo wasn't H. So she started looking into her colleges. This is when she found evidence that connects one of themto Lee banks.

Kate rushed into the office to find Jo noticing that she wasn't there yet. She started collecting more evidence. Once Jo arrived she decided to go show her what she found. So she knocked on the door and smiled when Jo looks up and nodds her in.
"Hey boss I've got some evidence I need to get to AC-12 as soon as possible is it ok if I go there now?"
"What you want me to let you go to AC-12 to rat me out when I'm innocent I know they are investigating me" As she started shouting jo stud up and stormed out of the office.
Kate runs after her into the toilet.
"Kate stop following me and do you stuff"
"What no I it's not about you"
Jo tries to step back into a toilet stall to hide her tears but Kate stepped with her. Jo was about to put she away when the they heard a voice going into the bathroom
"Hang on let me check the toilets are clear"
The person pushes the doors of each stall so Kate pushes jo as close together as possible. When she gets to there stall they hold their breath until she has gone. "Ok it's clear. Yeah they don't suspect a thing they think it's that stupid ex of mine. Oh yeah I think she has been hooking up with the DI Flemming which is why the stupid bitch hadn't crawled back to me"
Kate looked at Jo and could see tears in her eyes which is when she noticed how both her hands are on Jo's hips and jo's hands are pressed against her chest. "Yeah hopefully they arrest her soon. Ive been feeding them info. Ok I gotta go speak later Banks". When the PC left the bathroom, neither of them was making a move they both liked the closeness.
Jo made the first move to go and Kate took her hand. "I think I might need a transfer"
"What no Kate I'm so sorry I accused you of what I did"
"Yeah well"
"Will you forgive me"
"Yeah but I still think I need the transfer"
Kate mumbled as she moved closer to Jo
"What why tho"
"Because I think we both want to me more than co workers"
Kate moved in close enough to Jo that they could feel their breath on each other's lips.
Jo was the offer one to push their lips together into a slow passionate kiss. Once they ran out of air they pulled away both smiling.
"Ok I will think about it" jo Smiled with a cheeky grin.