Part 45

Now that freya  was walking and talking and jo was 8 months pregnant Kate and Josh had been feeling the strains on keeping freya out of trouble around the house and making sure jo wasn't stressing over work or doing to much house work. So jo insisted that the mother and son go to watch the forest match at the weekend.

Since it was Friday Kate was rushing through the final parts of her paper work when there was a knock on the door and looked up to see it was jo.

"Hi honey" jo smiled as she walked in.

"Hi love are you and the spud ready to go?" Kate asked not looking up and noticing jo was shutting the blinds.

Jo walked over to Kate's side and coughed.

"Move back" the long haired woman smiled. "I go on maternity leave today I wanna have one last office cuddle"

Kate was quick to move and pat her knee. Jo swiftly sat on her wife's lap and Kate placed her hands on Jos bump.

"The next time we sit here together we will be mummy's of 3" Kate whispered into jos ear as she pressed a kiss to lobe.

"I know I can't wait" jo smiled as she covered Kate's hands. They both sit in silence happy to be with each other. Jo was looking at the pictures on Kate's desk there was one of Kate, Jo and Josh from their holiday in Mexico. One of the two of them and it was jos favourite picture of them on the sofa at home jo was taking a selfie with one of the biggest smiles on her face as Kate pressed a kiss to jos hair and finally a picture of the 4 of them on the women's wedding day.

"You will need to add to your pictures my love when this little one arrives"  jo smiled as she turned her self to look at Kate.

"I know. I'm gonna run out of room if we carry on with these kids babe" Kate giggled.

Both women enjoyed the silence for a while. Being able to just be there together. They would steal kisses when they could and talk about the most random things in the would. But neither of them would change it. These moments was moments they both loved. Being able to feel like they have no responsibility. They was just two wives with almost 3 kids and a dog. Not the DCI and DSI of a high crime police force.

They the rest of their morning in the office until their stomachs started rumbling. So they made the decision of Kate would make the cuppas and fetch their food from the fridge and jo would be the ever great wife and meet her in her in the evidence room where everyone joins to share a laugh.

As they was walking out of the room the squad set off party poppers and cheered for the women.

"We thought we would celebrate your maternity boss" Chris smiled.

"Guys this is amazing thank you" Kate smiled as she wrapped her arm around her ever growing emotional wife. It seemed the longer the pregnancy the more emotional jo got. She had cried at a advert on the RSPC and Kate had to convince her they they can't adopt some of the animals.

The women joined the little party. Talking to all their friends. The stayed until 3pm and decided it was their time to leave Kate got their coats and just as they where walking out the door.

As Chris called out "Bosses can I have a word"

"Course mate" Kate smiled as she wrapped her arm about Jos shoulders.

"Well I just wanted to give you this. It's a little present for the little one when they arrive"

Jo unwrapped it and a smile broke out. It was a onesie that said uncle Chris is the best. And another that said my mummies are the best detectives with a rainbow.

"Oh thank you Chris. They are amazing I love them" jo said as she started to cry again

"Aww babe. Chris thanks for this it Amazing I'm now worried though when me and Josh go to the football later this one will be crying when we leave. Hopefully we will win or it will be all three of us will be crying"

The three of them laugh at Kate's joke before each woman hugs Chris goodbye and went on their way to pick the kids up from school for Josh and Freya from Kate's mums.