Part 8

6 weeks later

Kate woke up lay on top of jo. They had both missed sleeping together in the week jo was at hospital and each night they took every opportunity possible to make up for it. Kate would never admit it but she loved sleeping in Jo's arms or in the case at the moment arm as her shoulder cast was still very much present. So she got ready and dressed for work before going to wake up her love.

"Baby I've got to get ready for work are you still ok to walk josh to school or do you want me to call mark." Jo whispered as she woke jo up.
"Give me a kiss and I will see" jo joked. But Kate obligated and gave a very deep kiss to her girlfriend.
"I was gonna take him even if you said no." Jo laughed. "I don't think he would forgive me if I didn't. he's been so excited for me to take him"
"Thats why I love you DCI Davidson"
" well I love you too acting DCI Fleming" Jo replied before giving her a kiss. Kate was about to get up and leave before jo grabbed her had and complained
"I don't want you to leave babe" and kissed Kates palm.
"I do I need to get away from your smelly cast" Kate joked as she lay back on top of Jo.
"Your actually mean." Jo whined. As she placed her hands on Kates butt
"I do apologies. Miss Davidson will you ever learn to forgive me?"
"Hmmmm i don't know. I mean it is pretty hard not to when your on top of me" she replied as she pulled Kate in for one last passionate kiss.
The kiss was interrupted again by josh as he walked in rubbing his eyes.
"Not again" he complained.
"You do realise this is our room josh. You can't tell me and jo off this time" she laughed as he shook his head and got into the bed cuddling next to jo. Kate got her phone out and saw that she was late for work. So she gave her liver a quick peck on the lips before she rolled off jo and took a picture of Jo and Josh cuddled up already watching joshes favourite avengers show. and set off for work.

Around dinner time Kate messaged jo.
*kate: hey pretty lady did josh get to school ok?*
Kate heard her phone ring almost immediately
"Hi baby Josh was fine he got to show my cast off to some of his mate before telling them how I his "other mum" got shot in the "line of duty""
"aww did she really call you his other mum" Kate felt tears sing her eyes as she said it.
"yeah and I may or may not have been crying tears of joy since I got home" jo giggled
"I can not describe how happy I am to hear that baby. I can't wait to see you later I miss you" Kate said Quietly so one could hear her as she had gained a reputation of being abit of a badass since jo has been in leave.
"I love you too now get back to work"
"You do realise it was out that called me" Kate quickly replied
"Oi don't forget I'm still your boss. I'm back next week don't you forget and I won't be going easy on you because I love you and all that" she teased
"Yes boss sorry if I offended you boss" Kate said sarcastically.
"I'm sure you can find a way to make it up to me" and with that Kate was blushing like she was a teenager again
"Oh I bet" is all she could say in the moment
"Right get back to work but don't forget you have to leave early because I'm getting my cast off today"
"I will leave at 2pm like I promised" she replied
"Ok see you soon. Love you"
"Love you too"

Once she put the phone down she quick sent a selfie of her getting her work done to Jo before going onto her photos and getting up the picture she had taken earlier on in the day. She set it as her lock screen before posting it as her wallpaper on Facebook with the title reading
*josh and his other mum was not feeling guilty this morning. When I had to get to work😡💕* once posted she put her phone back in her pocket until 2pm when she was about to pick jo up.

Before she set off she looked at her phone and saw a comment from jo on her post saying *we even had a extra 10 minutes in bed 😂* which was tagged with a selfie of them Josh had took on Jo's phone. She quick saved the photo and went to her car to go pick Jo up.

Whilst driving all Kate could think about was how lucky she was to have Jo. especially when she remembered what Josh had called her earlier that day. It made her even happier to think that he had never called marks girlfriend that and they had been dating for nearly 2 years now. She could not get over how in love her girlfriend was with her son. It made her think about the future. She would see her self living in a house with two more kids running around and a dog. She could even imagine the wedding bands they would wear for their rest of their lives and how many grandkids they was going to have when they had grown old. And all Kate could do was smile.

She pulled up outside the flat where jo got straight in the car. They shared a kiss before setting off to the hospital. And in that moment she had decided she was going to as jo to spend the rest of there lives together and marry her one day soon.