Part 18

The two woman had been lay there on the bed chatting for almost 20 minutes. Chatting and looking at their little girl. "Babe we need to call work." Jo said aloud.
"Yeah are we both going to go on maternity leave?" Kate questioned the older woman.
"Well we both could for a few months then go back on a part time basis until she is old enough to go to a early years nursery" Jo suggested. "I could even suggest we either share the roll of DCI and just gets temporary one until we go back part time."
"It sounds amazing my darling." Kate smiled as she placed a long kiss on her fiancé's lips.
"We should call buckles and tell him. He won't give a shit if we sort it out for him" jo said.
So she quick called him and he agreed to every thing they wanted and allowed them both to have a total of 3 months off to spend with there little girl. If ask Kate reminded jo they do all the checks.

Kate had given Jo, Freya back when she had the text from Steve that they was here. She gave each girl a quick peck on the forehead because hopping off the bed and going to meet josh and Steve outside.
"Mum!" Josh shouted and he ran to give her a hug. "You alright mate?" Kate smiled. To which be nodded his head.
"Cheers mate. I will FaceTime you later and tell you everything." She smiled. He simply nodded and looked through the window to see jo. Who smiled and waved. He noticed the baby in her arms and just smiled before giving Josh a high five and leaving.
"Why is mum in there?"
"Shall we go see?" Kate said as she took his hand. They walked into the room and Josh stoped when she saw that jo was holding something in her arms. "Hey mate. Me and mum want you to meet someone." Jo smiled.
Kate lifted him onto the bed and that's when he first saw his new best friends.
"Mum why are you holding a baby?" He questioned.
"Well mate we was wondering how you would like a baby sister?" Jo smiled.
"Really?" He questioned.
"Yeah. You know how me and mum went to work this morning really early. Well me found this little one all alone and with no mummy so we thought we would adopt her. If that's ok with you?" Kate smiled.
"Can I hold her?"
"Course you can mate" Josh sat in between Jo's legs as Kate passed her to him. "What's her name.?" He smiled
"We was going to call her Freya" jo answered.
"Hi Freya mum and mum are the best mums in the world you know" Josh whispered to his sister. Both jo and Kate had tears in their eyes at this. "Hey mate me and mum was talking and what if you started to call mum mama so that the baby doesn't get confused." Kate questioned.
"Ok. Mama can I take a picture into school to show my friends?" He asked
"We can take pictures but you can't show them yet as we have to have some special checks and stuff first before she is ours." Kate explained.
The little family sat chatting and talking about their day when there was a knock on the door.

The looked up to see Steph again.
"Hi sorry to interrupt again." Said Steph "Hi mate" she smiled to Josh.
"Just to let you know we have done the required checks for you both to adopt and everything in clear." She informed them. Jo let out a shivered breath of relief that her mistakes in the past didn't affect this.
"We also noticed that you was currently filing for full custody of your son. Who this must be." Steph said.
"Yes. Josh's dad and his girlfriend are expecting a baby and wanted us to take full custody of Josh as it was abit much for her." Kate smiled noticing Josh's face turn to a frown when he was reminded of his step mother.
"We didn't really get along so. I asked dad if I could move in with mum and mama. They are the best mums in the world!" Josh excitedly spoke.
"Jo I also saw that you was going to have your name on his birth certificate as well. Steph questioned. "Yes Josh is my son with or without the papers but due to our jobs we wanted to have it legally written down that I will always be his mum. Isn't that right mate" jo smiled as she ruffled his hair.
"Ok that's great. Just wanted to make sure that this wasn't a situation that could turn messy." Steph replied. "Absolutely not." Kate said to the lady.
"Ok well here's my number please call me at some point tomorrow to sort out a home visit. Then we will get those papers sorted out. Also I shouldn't really do this but. I will look into getting the adoption and custody papers signed off by tomorrow as well." Steph said as she smiled at Josh. "It was good to meet you Josh." Steph said. "You two miss" he grinned before snuggling up in Jo's neck. "Awww well i will see you all tomorrow. Kate and jo you both will need to be there so unfortunately you will have to leave this little one for a few hours. But for tonight I have told the nurses you both are aloud to stay with her tonight."
"Thank you very much Steph for your help" Kate replied as she shook her hand.