Part 5

The next day it was jo the woke up to her alarm. She quickly turned it off. She pushed her nose into Kates hair and started to pepper kisses onto her head.
"Baby stop being cute and go back to sleep" Kate murmured into Jo's chest
"Babe we have work in a hour and doesn't josh have school today" jo whispered back.
"I do. Buuutt back we stay at home today. I want to show jo my toys" josh announced as he climbed onto the bed
jo took this as an opportunity "yeah let's call in sick. It will be fun" jo said putting on her biggest puppy dog eyes.
"Fine but this is not got to be a regular thing" she answered sitting up in bed.
Both josh and jo cheered as he climbed in in between both Kate and Jo.
"What excuse are you giving" jo said as she turned to Kate.
With that Kate put her arms around the two and pulled them back down into bed. Both josh and jo let out a scream.

It was the afternoon by the time they made it out of bed. Kate was in the kitchen whilst jo and josh was in the living room playing with his toys.
"Do you love my mummy" josh asked.
Jo was shocked at the radon question but she knew the answer straight away.
"I do yes mate"
"Cool" and with that josh went back to playing to realising that Kate had been stood watching them the whole time. She had a massive smile on her face but went back to cooking before One of her loves spotted her.

A couple of minutes later she felt Jo's arms around her waist. She didn't move until she felt kisses on her neck.  "Mmm I love you" jo murmured into her neck. At this Kate turned around "what did you just say" Kate whispered in shock "look I'm sorry but I do ok. I know it's only been what a month. Since we made us official. But I do. Me and josh just had a chat and it made me realise that I do. I'm not expecting you to say it back but..." and with that Kate was pushing her lips onto Jo's. 
"I love you too" Kate said between kisses.
"Your not just saying that are you"
"No you idiot." They kissed again before taking their plates of food to the table and shout josh to eat with them.

The rest of the day was spent playing games with josh and having fun. When it got to 5 o'clock mark called to say he was outside and they bid their farewell to him with josh making Jo promise she will be here next time as well. When the door closed Kate pulled jo to the sofa and pulled her on her lap. They shared a kiss before they turned to look at each other.
"I love you" Kate whispered
"i love you too" jo smiled. She could not believe how lucky she was Kate interrupted her thoughts when she said
" thank you for being so good with josh babe. I know he can be a handful but I think you are his best mate now. He loved you as much as I do."
" he's a good kid babe" jo leaned in and kissed Kate again.
"We both don't have work now until Monday. Do you want to do anything?" Jo questioned.
"Well I was thinking of making love to this girl all weekend" Kate teased
"Oh yeah what is she like" jo said joining in on the joke
"She's not to bad to be fair. He's sort of like the most beautiful woman I've ever seen"
"Ohhh is that true"
"Yeah I mean all things considering. Yeah she's a nice woman. Can't see my self Seeing her after the weekend though definitely a one time thing" Kate said with a serious look on her face
"Oh shut up." Jo laughed as she  pushed Kate down on the sofa.
"I think you will be stuck with me a while DI Flemming" jo grinned as she pushed her nose up against kates.
"I like the sound of that DCI Davidson"  Kate whispered as she wrapped her arms around Jo's waste.
And as promised by Kate it lead to a weekends of love confessions and passion.