Part 7

One week later.

Over the last week Kate visited every day and josh visited most days. He would call her the days he didn't. Kate would also call her and FaceTime her from work letting her know what is happening. Kate had been made temporary DCI on the case until Jo was better and she was hating it. She hated that she had to take over from the woman that she loved. But today all three of the little family was excited as it was Jo's discharge day.

Josh had ran to Jo's room and swung open the door. To find doctors talking to jo.
"Hi mate" jo welcomed him with a hug as he climbed on the bed. Then turned to the doctors and said "sorry this is my step son josh" she tilted her head and whispered "say hi they are nice" josh looked up at them smiled and said hello to which they all replied.
Kate had finally made it to the room where she said Hi and let the doctors carry on speaking to jo about her physio.
Once the doctors had gone jo and Kate shared soft kiss before saying their hellos.

Kate helped jo pack her bags as josh played on the bed. They was sat around waiting for the nurses to discharge her as Kate pulled her phone out.
"Come on fam let's take a picture."
"But I look awful" jo complained.
"Babe you look beautiful. Doesn't she josh" Kate replied as josh nodded his head. They all got on the bed with josh sat in between Jo's legs and Kate had her arm wrapped around them. "Every body say home time" Kate laughed.
They all said hometime as Kate took the picture and sent it straight to jo. "Awww this is the best picture I've ever seen." Jo commented as she set it as her wallpaper.
"Mum post it on Facebook I want everyone to see our first family photo."
"Shall we babe I mean we are the talk of the station. And people have been trying to get something out of me all week" Kate replied with puppy eyes.
"I'm not stopping you with this arm" she laughed.
So Kate posted it and put the caption as *we get to take our girl home today 😀💕* and tagged jo in the photo.
With in a matter of seconds people was liking it and commenting on it.

"Mum can I have some money for the vending machine?" Josh questioned
"There you go" Kate replied as she handed him some money
Once josh was out the room. Jo leaned over to Kate who was still lay beside her and planted a soft kiss on her lips. "Hi" she mumbled once they pulled away.
"Hi" Kate answered back in the same way.
"So I got some news and you can say no" jo said as she reached for Kates hand.  Kate nodded for her to go on.
"I've made you my next of kin" she smiled.
"Awww baby that amazing because I have a confession as well. I made you my next of kin The other day. I could bare thinking that if anything happened to me it wouldn't be you they'd call" Kate felt tears sting her eyes as she confessed.
"I love you" is all jo could reply with.
"I love you too" Kate replied.
"Also babe as soon as josh is in bed we need to go as well I'm so horny" sad laughed at how bad she needed Kate.
"We legit did it on this bed yesterday" Kate laughed.
"Yeah but it wasn't the same and it was only once" they burst out laughing at that which lead to a kiss. Before the kiss could get to passionate josh walks in and shouts a big "yuck" which makes then pull away. "Can you two get a room he jokes and he climbs to sit in-between Jo's legs again.
"Would you rather us be fighting" jo questioned. Josh shook his head at that
"Well then your gonna have to get used to it" Kate joked as jo placed a kiss on his head.

The nurse had finally came with Jo's discharge paper and they was aloud to leave. So they got their things and went home. When they arrived and got to the door josh and Kate shared a look before opening the door to a big banner that said welcome home. Jo had tears in her eyes as she bent down to give josh a quick hug and a kiss on his cheek then gave Kate a kiss on the lips and whispered an I love you.

Once they had sorted Jo's clothes out in now her and Kates shared room, the new little family got on the couch with jo sitting in the corner with josh lying his head in her lap and stretched over Kate who was cuddled up to her girlfriend and watched their favourite movie.

Once the movie was done Kate carried josh to his room before. Getting back on the couch and cuddling closely with her girlfriend. They started with gentle kisses in between they general chit chat which turned into a night of passion.