Something Ventured, Someone Framed

One day, we got a visit from Gus after he got out of school, asking us if we could join him at Hexside the next day. "Gus, we'd love to go to school with you, but I don't know how we can." I explained. "Principal Bump banned both of us from Hexside." "But nothing, Bump did you kiddos a favor." Eda said. "There ain't nothing for you at that dweebus factory. No offense." "That's okay, I come from a long line of dweebuses." Gus explains. "Well, I would love to go someday." Luz said. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather go to school than unpack boxes in Eda's shitshow coven." I added. "Oh, you two think you're clever, huh?" Eda asked, annoyed. "Ooh, fight, fight, fight!" King chanted. "Can it, King!" Eda snapped. "First off, it's the Bad Girl Coven, and second off, I guess neither of you want in on the T-shirt order, huh?" "I don't care about T-shirts, Eda! I want to learn magic." Luz explains. "And they teach that at Hexside!" "I mean, yeah, well, ugh, I don't wanna hear another word about Hexside!" Eda groaned, walking away. "Unless it's "Hexside is on fire" or, "Let's grab front row seats!"" "Oh, look what you did." King said, going outside. "I'm gonna go rub it in." "Luz, Peter, about the ban." Gus explains. "I, uh, used my HAS presidential authority to pull some strings. You've been given a full pardon." "You mean..." I wondered. "I got the ban lifted!" Gus interrupted. "Oh my gosh, yes!" Luz cheered. "Of course we'll be there tomorrow!" "Gus, this is great! We get to see the school, and save the president." I said. "Luz and I really owe you one." "Great, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Gus exclaimed, leaving the house.

Alexa's POV

The next morning at school, Gus came to tell his plan to me and Willow. "This isn't going to work out at all!" Willow exclaimed. "Well, I feel like I took care of any potential problems." Gus confessed. "You lied to our best friends and told them you got the ban lifted." I rolled my eyes. "That seems like a potential problem to me." "Neither of you understand. The members were going mad." Gus explains. "They were bloodthirsty, they were touching objects. I had no choice!" "Really? What about all the wanted posters around school?" Willow asked. "What wanted posters?" Gus chuckled, revealing all the posters in his bag. "I also got them these cowls, to keep them undercover." "Undercover from what?" Luz asked from behind him. Gus places the cowls over her and Peter. "Behold, your new cowls!" Gus lied. "Whoa, I love it." Luz commented. "Eh, I would've preferred something more gray, but I guess it's a start." Peter said. "Yup, put it on, hide your ears." Gus said. "Wanna keep you under wraps until the big reveal." Willow and I could only glare at Gus. "Oh, a showman. I get it." Luz smiled, tossing some confetti. "You bring the razzle, and we bring the dazzle." "Do you always have confetti on you or?" I asked. "This girl brought venomous snakes to our school." Peter explains as Gus' alarm goes off. "That's my alarm! Uh, we better get going." Gus gasped, grabbing Luz and Peter by the arms. "See you after school, Willow and Alexa." "Bye, friends! Be safe! Make good choices!" Luz called. "I hope he knows what he's doing." Willow sighed. "Me too." I replied.

Peter's POV

In the hallway, some guards were taking two students to detention. "That's fucked up." I said. "Well, they kinda showed up after your last visit." Gus explains. "They smell trouble. Literally. Okay, time to run for no particular reason." Gus accidentally ran into a fellow student, dropping some of the posters. "Augustus, you should really watch where you're going. Don't want the president of the HAS getting hurt on his last day in office." He said. "These must be your humans? Hmm. Look like some more witchlings to me." "Dazzle." Gus whispered. We pulled down our hoods to reveal our identities. "Two humans!" He gasped. "Not just any humans, expert humans." "We've been doing this for years." I explained. "They're here to authenticate your treasures." Gus said. "See you at the meeting."

"As president of the HAS, I should feel bad about dunking on one of our own members." Gus said. "But as a Gus, I feel like doing this!" Gus began dancing around. Luz walked over to a trophy case. "Whoa, who got the trophy for the most bones?" Luz asked. Gus grabbed us both again. "We don't have time for this right now!" Gus exclaimed. "We gotta get to the clubroom." "Okay." I said. "But next time, you have to give us a full tour." "Yeah, next time." Gus chuckled nervously. "Ooh, it's the abomination professor, we should introduce ourselves, apologize for the incident." Luz gasped. "Hey, Mr abomination professor, remember us?" "Well, what do you know, we suddenly have time for a full tour of Hexside." Gus lied.