Young Blood, Old Souls

King's POV

The Boiling Isles. Born from the flesh and bones of a fallen Titan. This original magic was so potent, all life on the isles evolved to wield magic, too. For years, we explored those powers freely, until a mysterious witch appeared who declared that he, and he alone, could speak to the island. He said that we were using magic all wrong. His teachings took hold, his strength grew, and he became Emperor Belos. Belos said that mixing magic was wrong, that only he had that right. So he created the coven system. And there, our knowledge was restricted, and our potential sealed away. Those who resist are called Wild Witches, and they face harsh punishment. Emperor Belos has since retreated into his castle. There are whispers that say he's planning something big.

Peter's POV

"I wonder if catching Eda was part of his big plan." King wondered. "What do you think? Luz? Peter?" "I already lost my mom once, I don't want to lose her again!" I exclaimed. "I don't care what Belos is up to." Luz said. "Because today, we're saving Eda." Luz and I ran to a weapons closet to grab some supplies. "What are you doing?" King asked. "This is serious, King." Luz explains. "Eda used her powers to save me and Peter and got caught by Lilith." "And now, she's the Owl Beast and has been taken before the Emperor." I added. "We don't know what he's planning to do with Eda, but we're going to rescue her." "Haven't you been listening to me?" King asked. "He's the Emperor. He's the most powerful witch alive." "King, please try to understand. Eda's in this situation because of us, because of our stupid choice." Luz explains. "We have to make up for it." "But she's in her Owl Beast form." King said. "How will she even recognize you?" "I don't know, but we have to try anyway." I replied. "Well, then, I'm going, too." King commented. "Me and Eda don't always see eye to eye, but I do consider her family. I want her back as much as you guys do." "Alright, then we've got no time to lose." Luz nodded.

Luz, King, and I snuck into town. While we were there, many people were crowded around a bunch of crystal balls, broadcasting the Emperor's castle. "Perry Porter coming to you live from outside the Emperor's castle." Mr Porter, Gus' dad announced. "Edalyn Clawthorne, known commonly as Eda the Owl Lady, has been captured, and has been brought before the Emperor." "For the crime of attacking a coven leader and refusing to join a coven, Edalyn Clawthorne's body shall be petrified in stone, today, sundown, at the Conformatorium." Kikimora added. "Today is a grave day for Bonesborough." Mr Porter sighed. "Please tell me that's not as worse as it sounds." Luz begged, trying to hold back tears. "Petrification is only done to the worst criminals." King explains. "And once the spell is complete, it can't be reversed." "Lilith." I grunted. "She cursed my mother. She captured her own sister. She's the fucking worst! If I ever see that psychotic bitch again!" I smashed one of the crystal balls in anger. "Peter, calm down." King said. "We have to think about saving Eda first." "You're right. But how are we gonna get to the Conformatorium in time?" Luz asked as one of the guards walked by. "We'll have to do something so diabolical, so criminally insane that they'll have to send us to the Conformatorium." King explains. We made a sign that said, Do not step in grass! We completely broke that rule and had three free tickets for the Conformatorium. "Yup, perfect plan." I said.

Once we arrived, the guards were preparing to place a stand for Eda. "There's not gonna be a new statue going up today." King said. "Right, guys?" All Luz and I could focus on was a poster of Lilith. I swear, I could feel my anger rising and my ears hurting. "Sir, the Owl Lady's human students have been apprehended." The guard said. "Very good." Warden Wrath replied. "Ah, Luz and Peter. How I've waited to see you again. Now I'll have my revenge and you will have front row seats to Eda's demise." We grabbed some glyphs and attacked both of them with ice and vines. "Nice try, Warden Ass!" I grunted. "Where's Eda?" Luz asked. "She's in the holding cell in the dungeon." Warden Wrath explains. "Draw us a map!" Luz ordered.