Edge Of The World

In the middle of the night, all I could picture in my head was Belos. I mean, Philip. God, he really messed with our heads. As someone who doesn't scare so easily, I was scarred for life. But that wasn't the only person I was worried about. I couldn't stop thinking about Hunter. Aside from Flapjack, he's alone and scared. Hunter was basically under control of Belos. Not gonna lie, I felt pretty guilty about insulting him. I went over to Luz's side of the room and shook her awake. "Peter?" Luz asked. "I think it's time we tell the others." I explained. "About Belos."

In the morning, Luz and I sat in front of the couch. It was too hard to explain everything, so I showed my journal entry, while Luz showed off some drawings. "This is just a lot to take in." Eda said. "We don't have time to take anything in!" I snapped. "We have to stop Belos!" "We were part of his plan!" Luz cried. "We fell for everything!" "King, Hooty, you know what to do." Eda said as King and Hooty comforted us. "Well, one thing's for sure. People can tell when they've been inside their head. It's only a matter of time before Belos sends his scouts over here. You two need to hide." "We're not hiding." Luz explains. "We're gonna stop Belos from completing the Draining Spell. We just need to figure out how. "Edalyn!" I heard Lilith say. "Lulu!" Hooty cried, almost choking Luz and I. "Hooty, you bastard, you're choking us!" I gasped. "I came as fast as I could." Lilith said. "Owlbert filled me in on the Draining Spell. Oh, Titan. I can't believe this is what the Day of Unity was about this whole time. Ugh, I was such a fool, a dolt, a chump, a..." "Hey, no pity parties in this house." Eda explains. "Besides, Luz and Peter are upset enough as it is." "You're right. I'll do anything to help." Lilith replied. "Lulu, I am so happy to see you, I could, I could..." Hooty said, vomiting some random objects. "Hooty, you gotta stop eating garbage from the ground." Eda sighed. "He's also been eating our mail. Look!" King gasped, showing off a letter. ""Dear King Clawthorne, if you wish to know who you truly are, come to this location and meet our warrior clan." I think they might be my family! And maybe they're an answer to all our problems." "That's incredible, but how is it supposed to help us stop Belos?" Luz asked. "They're a clan of warriors!" King replied. "How else do you defeat a tyrant with their own army? By making an army of your own!" "Well, it's not like we have many allies." Lilith said. "Not to mention it's a chance for King to find out where he came from." I added. "I say let's go for it." "Yeah!" Luz shouted. "Well, I say you two need a safe place to hide while the adults take care of things." Eda ordered. "Mom!" I groaned. "I'm actually in favor of this plan." Lilith said. "You are?" We all asked. "It wouldn't hurt to check." Lilith explains. "Plus, judging by King's map, you three would be taken far, far away from the Boiling Isles and Emperor Belos." "What if something goes wrong?" Eda asked. "Hooty could accompany them." Lilith replied. "Their safety would be your responsibility, my dear, brave, Hootsifer." "I would protect these silly children with my life." Hooty said. "Yeah, well how would they even get there?" Eda asked. "We know a ship that might take us." I replied. "Yeah! The ole Selkidomus crew. Think about it." King added. "Belos won't be able to withstand a whole army of mes." "Such allies would be quite valuable." Lilith said. "I wonder if I still have my sailor's hat." Luz added. "Does anyone else feel that marching around the edge of the forest?" Hooty asked. "Fine. You can go." Eda said. "We'll find out all we can on our end to create a plan for when you get back." "Thank you, Eda!" Luz exclaimed. "We won't let you down." I added. "Let's pack for the trip!" King said. "Wait for me!" Hooty shouted as we headed upstairs.

After we finished packing, we set sail with the Selkidomus crew. Actually, it was just Salty. "Doing a lot of work there, Salty. Where's the crew?" King asked. "Well, I'm no longer working for the Golden Guard." Salty explains. "So, me mates abandoned ship for greener, snailier pastures. They were like family to me, too." "Yeah, I get the feeling." I sighed. "Land Ho!" Luz shouted, pointing at something from the picture. "Is that a finger?" Hooty asked. "It's a long way from our Titan." "That's 'cause it's not from our Titan." Salty explains. "This be part of a different beastie."