Yesterday's Lie

It took a few days, but we finally got around to attempting to create a portal door to the Human Realm. "So, according to Philip's instructions, the hardest part to making a portal was finding someone who knew how to build it." Luz explains. "But a lot of the ingredients were pretty easy to find." "Here that, Mom? Your crazy apocalypse supplies finally came in handy." I teased. "Don't forget this." King sighed, giving us Amity's glove with the Titan's Blood. "Titan Blood." Luz said. "I can't believe something this powerful was in the old key this whole time." "It's okay. If Belos is still trying to get to the Human Realm, he'll have to beat us to it." I explained, taking part of the glove and taping it to the door. "Are you sure this isn't gonna, like, blow our faces off?" Eda asked. "Nope." Luz replied. "Well, here goes something." Eda said, pedaling an old bike to power up the portal. "Holy shit." I gasped. "It worked." "Did it?" King asked. "That looks real different from the old door." "Yeah, but this is my one chance to see my mom." Luz replied, putting on her cloak. "Uncle Ricky is probably out drinking again." I added. Eda handed us two ropes to tie around our waists. "If it looks like it's closing, pull." "Kids, as impressive as this is, I don't want you getting hurt." Eda warned. "Once we find out our families are okay, we'll be right back." Luz explains. "Just be careful." Eda said. "The Human Realm's filled with some real weirdos." "Yup, like Uncle Ricky." I replied as Luz and I hugged her and King. "Don't forget to mention me." King reminds us as Luz and I jumped in the portal.

We woke up in this strange place. Mysterious cubes floating around us. "Did we do something wrong?" Luz wondered. "I'm not sure." I replied. "Eda, King, Hooty? Can you hear me?!" "Guys?!" Luz called as one of the cubes came close to us. All of a sudden, Luz and I saw Eda and King outside the house. "Are we back at the Owl House?" A slight breeze blew open the window, which I guess we're inside. "I think we're in the reflection." I explained. "Do you think they're safe?" We heard King ask. "They've made it this far. We just have to trust them." Eda replied as the reflection faded from the cube. "Hold on! I wanna try something." I said. "Richard Yenkins." As the cube appeared, I showed up in the reflection of a greenhouse window, looking at a pool. "What's up with your uncle?" Luz asked. "Oh, just one of the things I figured he would do." I replied. "Skinny dipping with his girlfriend, Monika at her pool, while drinking a beer." "That's creepy." Luz said. "I wonder if I could see Amity." "Wait! Show me Adam Yenkins." I said. Maybe I could finally know if my dad is still alive. The cube levitated in front of me. I was reflecting off a waterfall. He must've been in the Human Realm. Though I couldn't see much of my surroundings, I did notice a lot of sand. "What happened here?" I whispered to myself. "Camila! Camila Noceda of the Human Realm!" Luz shouted. The cube was up above us. "Gotcha. Ice platform!" Luz tried using an ice glyph, but nothing happened. "Here, let me help." I offered, using my powers to levitate to the cube. "Ready to see your mom?"

Once Luz and I touched the cube, we were in the reflection of Mrs Noceda's phone. "It's my house!" Luz gasped. "Mom!" Mrs Noceda was playing music over a speaker, unable to hear her daughter. "Mom? Do you need any help?" Someone asked, looking almost identical to Luz. "What the fuck?!" I asked. Luz gasped. "Oh, are you done cleaning your room?" Mrs Noceda asked. "Almost." Imposter Luz replied. "With all that old stuff gone, I feel like a whole new person." "Evil doppelgänger!" Luz shouted. "Mom! Mom!" "I can finish up here, mija." Mrs Noceda explains. "Thanks, Mom." Imposter Luz said as the reflection faded away. "Follow her!" Luz exclaimed. "Luz Noceda 2.0. Doppelgänger! Why won't you work?" "Luz, calm down and just breathe." I said.

The cube showed us a reflection of Luz's bedroom. "A new life." The imposter said. "You motherfucker!" I shouted, making her scream. "So, you can hear us." Luz said. "You're from the Demon Realm!" The imposter panicked in her original voice. "Listen, I just wanna..." Luz explains. "I'm not going back!" The imposter snapped. "I won't go back!" "Luz, ¿está todo bien?" Mrs Noceda asked. "Sí, mamá. I just saw a spoiler for Monster Slayer Academia." Luz lied. "I'll never understand anime." Her mom sighed. "Huh?" Luz asked as her imposter ran away in fear. "Wait!" I shouted.