Currents

"We're back to telluric currents?" My brother said as Scott laid out the map of Beacon Hills. Liam found out that Hayden's a chimera, and now she's the bait to lure them out. Which I don't think they quite know yet, and nor will I tell them. Not my plan, not my place.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden," Scott suggested.

"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles asked.

"Here," I stated.

"Hold up, you want to hide her in the high school? For how long?" Stiles asked him.

"If we have to, all night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's having a sleepover with Jocelyn."

"But it's just a school though. You know, it's not exactly a fortress." Stiles said.

"And that's why I'll be here with them tonight. But Lydia's also got an idea apparently." I said, not even knowing what it was.

"Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?" Scott asked him.

"Frequency and vibration."

"She thinks he wasn't saying that just to sound smart. She thinks maybe it was a clue."

"To do what?" I asked him.

"Disrupt their frequency." He said. "Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."

"You can use me as bait instead of her," I spoke up, and they looked at me. "Isn't that your second part of the plan, Scotty boy? They also want me, don't forget that. For some reason, my blood is important to them."

"We need to watch out for you both." Scott realized.

"Yep. Look's like I'm stockpiling up on weapons tonight."

-

"Don't touch that." I take away the arrow that Hayden tried looking at. "Actually, don't touch any of it."

"What the hell are you?" She asked me.

"Hunter. Well, was. Now I'm protecting you, and I can't do that if you're touching my gear. There could have been something in there that's poisonous to you. Which there isn't, lucky for you." I said, strapping my quiver around me and putting on my glove.

"You know, I have a question for you, Scott," I said, turning to look at him. "Why cell phone jammers?"

"Because they can disrupt their frequency. What else could I have used?" He asked me.

"Well, I would have used emitters because if we did, we'd be able to contact Theo and my brother," I told them, and he looked at me in shock. "They can be switched to a different frequency. How do you think we use them on you werewolves?"

"Casey, why didn't you say anything before?" He asked me, and I shrugged.

"I didn't think of it then. Besides, I'll know if something happens to Stiles. Elemental siblings can feel if the other is in danger, and right now, he's fine. But this plan-"

"Casey!" Lydia cut me off, and I decided to keep my mouth shut after that.

"Fine," I said, and I took off my jacket when I started getting hot, putting it in my bag.

"What happened to your wrist?" Scott asked me, and I forgot that the reason I wore the jacket was to hide that from them.

"Oh, I cut myself by accident when I was using my daggers," I said, keeping my heart rate steady.