Betrayal

Darkness.

Darkness was the only thing that I could see except for this small white light that shined. It felt so far away, yet so close at the same time, and something was pulling me towards it.

"Casey?" I heard someone say, and I turn around to see a woman who had grey hair and wise crystal blue eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked her, and she chuckled.

"I'm surprised you haven't recognized your own grandmother." She said, and I was taken aback as she came closer to me. "Now, I don't have much time, but there is something you need to know. What the dread doctors are planning, it involves our family."

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Casey? Casey, wake up! Someone, please!" I heard someone shout, and it sounded like my brother.

"Stiles," I whisper, and she nodded.

"He's waiting for you. Casey, you are what he will want when he returns. Oh, my sweet granddaughter." She said, putting her hand on my cheek, and I touched it. "You have made me so proud. Now go. Protect your friends, your kindred, your family. And never back down."

"Casey! No, let me go! Casey! Wake up!" I heard my brother yell, and I look back at my grandmother.

"I-"

"No need. Now go! Your brother needs you." She told me, and I saw my necklace starting to glow, lighting up the whole room. I screwed my eyes shut from the blinding light when suddenly I gasped awake, my eyes opening to see Melissa and Scott holding back my brother, and I start to cough as Liam's dad, Dr. Geyer, came over to me immediately.

"Casey!" Stiles wrenched free from them and ran over to me, not listening to anyone else and hugging me, crying in my arms.

"Oh, my god. You're okay. Thank god, you're okay." He sobbed, and I felt my own tears start to fall when I realized how heartbroken he looked when he thought I died.

"I'm okay, big brother," I whispered, holding him close, and they let us have our moment. "I love you."

"I love you too, flower." He sniffled, pulling away and smiling at me before letting Melissa and Dr. Geyer check on me.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"You fainted. Theo brought you here when you wouldn't wake up, and you had a low pulse." Melissa told me. "He begged us to save you."

"Where is he now? Theo." I asked them, and my brother and Scott had this look on their faces.

"Doesn't matter. You're not seeing him again." He told me, and I was super confused.

"But-"

"Sweetie, how about you rest, for now, okay?" Melissa said, trying to get me to lie down, but I refused.

"No! I'm fine," I said, fighting with them. "Can I just go?"

"Casey,"

"Stiles, please," I beg my brother, and he looked hesitant before giving in.

"Melissa, can she go? Dr. Geyer?" Stiles asked them both.

"Preferably, I would like to have her stay overnight just in case since she did flatline, but I can't force her to stay. If it's okay with you as you are her guardian for the meantime, then yes." Dr. Geyer told him, and he looked at me one more time. "Bring her back in for a checkup, though. I'll leave you so you can talk." He said, walking out of the room with the clipboard in hand, and I look at them.

"What's going on? Why did he say you're my guardian for right now? And why can't I see Theo?" I asked them all, and Melissa placed her hand on my shoulder to comfort me.