Maids of Gevaudan

My brother and Hayden lugged Liam into the school, stopping when kids screaming in fear ran past us, and we look at each other.

Quickly, we all go towards the nearest classroom, and I open the door.

"The desk, the desk!" My brother said, and I shut the door behind me, taking off my gear.

"Oh, my god," I whispered when I saw the amount of blood on him that soaked his Jersey.

"What? Is it bad?" Liam asked us.

"No."

"Very."

Stiles and Hayden said at the same time, and I roll my eyes.

"Okay. Okay. What do you guys do when this happens?" I heard her ask, but I spaced out, looking at the blood. I got flashes of what happened to me not too long ago, and my hands started to shake.

"Casey? Casey, are you okay?" I look at my brother, gulping.

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not. It's okay. It's okay to not be okay." He whispered to me, taking my shaking hands to help calm me down. "It's okay. Just breathe."

I nodded, taking a few deep breaths, and I glance at Liam.

"I have an idea. Take off his jersey." I said, going over to the sink.

"What the hell are you doing at a time like this?" Hayden growled at me, and I ignore her.

"She's helping." I heard my brother say as I filled up a large beaker with water, and I go back over.

"Hey, it's okay. Liam, it's okay." I whispered to him, and he looked at me. "You're gonna be okay." I took his hand, and I stuck it in the beaker. Holding it tight, I watched as the water began to trail up his arm towards his wound, washing over it, and soon it looked like it was never even there.

"Thank you." He whispered, and I gave him a weak smile.

"Celestine." I furrowed my eyebrows, looking away from him.

"Casey?"

"Celestine." I heard again, and I look around for the owner of the voice.

"Casey, what's wrong?" Stiles asked me, and I shrugged.

"I don't- I don't know. I think I'm hearing things." I told him.

"Celestine, run!"

"Marie-Jeanne!"

I heard again, and I let out a cry, tugging at my hair. "I keep hearing voices. Names."

"What names?" Stiles asked me, making me look at him. "Casey, what names?"

"Celestine and Marie-Jeanne."

-

"Marie, careful," I told her when she picked up her crossbow, and she only grinned at me.

"Celestine, do not worry. I am always careful." She said, aiming the weapon before pulling the trigger. The arrow went straight into the sign that Rene was trying to put up, and he smiled at her.

"Merci, Marie-Jeanne." He said appreciatively, and he comes around, pouring us drinks as we read the letters from Sebastian.

"Don't give up hope." He told us, and I gave him a warm smile.

"Her name was Agnes." I heard Bernard say from behind us. "She was eleven years old. Eleven. Torn limb from limb. There wasn't enough of her left for a proper burial."