Broken Promises

"Is she okay?" Scott asked when Casey suddenly began to stumble before collapsing, and Parrish quickly caught the young girl before she could fall.

He put two fingers up to her neck and was relieved when he felt her heartbeat. "She's fine. I think she exhausted herself."

"Is everyone okay?" Scott asked, checking his friends after Casey defeated the Beast.

"Not everyone." The pack suddenly heard, and they turn around to see Theo at the end of the hall looking extremely pissed off, and electricity was crackling off his body. Hell, you could even see it.

Kira ran forward as Theo thrust out his hand, a bolt of electricity leaving it, but she blocked it with her katana, and a blue glow came off of it.

"The Skinwalkers have a message for you, Theo." She said, her eyes burning orange, and he stopped. "Your sister wants to see you."

Kira then slammed her sword down into the ground of the tunnels, and a crack appeared, but it didn't stop there. The ground began to crack open near Theo, and a hand suddenly came out of it, which belonged to a young girl who was crawling out of the large crack and grabbed him by the leg.

Theo fell to the floor as his sister began to drag him down with her, but he refused to go. He was fighting for his life at this point, but it wasn't for him. It was for the girl who stole his heart and saw good in him. The girl who made him think of someone other than himself. The girl who made him feel important. The girl who made him feel loved.

"No! No! I promised! Casey! Casey, wake up!" Theo shouted frantically, trying to wake up the young elemental, and she squirmed in Parrish's arms, but she wasn't waking up as he had hoped.

"No! Let me go! Casey, wake up! Casey!" He cried for his unconscious lover in another man's arms, but it was too late. Tara had dragged Theo down into the depths of the crack, and it began to patch itself up.

Casey whined in her sleep, squirming a bit more and her friends looked at her. If they could even call themselves that after what they had done.

"What are we going to tell her?" Liam asked, being the first one to break the silence.

"We tell her... We tell her he died. We tell her he succumbed to the wounds the Beast gave him." Scott said, and Lydia stepped up.

"Scott, if she ever learns the truth..."

"That's why we don't tell her. It was for her own good, Lydia. It had to be done." He told her, and she sighed.

"I know. But she's lost a lot in the past three years, Scott. This is going to hurt her. She's been through enough." Lydia stuck up for her. She may not have liked Theo, but even she knew that he would never hurt her. Him crying out for her alone proved how much he loved her.

"I don't like this."

"I know. But she'll be okay. She always ends up being okay." The true alpha said, but even he was doubting his words as he looked at his best friend's little sister, feeling a tinge of guilt for what's to come.

-

"What the hell happened?" I muttered, wincing when I opened my eyes to see the lights on, and I sat up.

"Careful!" I heard my brother scold me, helping me sit up. "Are you okay?" He asked, and I was really confused.

"What happened?" I asked him as he passed me a glass of water, helping me drink it.

"You killed the Beast." He said, making me smile. "But it took a lot out of you, and you collapsed. Parrish and Scott brought you back."

"Oh," I said, and I felt like something was wrong, but I couldn't describe it. "Wait, why not Theo? I know him. He wouldn't be letting me out of his sight right now." I said, chuckling lightly, but my brother wasn't in the mood.

His face grew grim, and I was confused. "Stiles? What's wrong? Where is Theo?"

"He's gone." He finally said, and I shook my head in disbelief, laughing.

"Nice one, Stiles! Really funny! Now, where is Theo?" I repeated, but he wasn't laughing.

"He's gone, Casey. It turns out that the Beast did more damage than we thought, and he..."

"Stiles. Stiles, don't you dare. I swear to god, Stiles, don't you dare!" I said, not wanting to hear the next words that came out of his mouth.

"He's dead. Sebastian killed him because he was in his way of you." He told me, but I didn't want to believe him.

"No. No! No, I saw him. He only had a broken neck. He was fine! He's not dead." I said in denial.

"Scott found deep claw marks on his side. I guess he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want to upset you. I'm sorry, Casey." He whispered, and I shook my head.

"No. No, this isn't happening. He's not dead. This isn't happening!" I yelled, and he tried touching me but I jumped up, backing away from him. "Don't touch me! He's not dead! I don't believe you! Stiles, please!"

"I'm sorry," he says again, and I felt a hole in my heart, my chest starting to hurt as my whole world fell apart.

"No. No!" I whimpered, feeling tears starting to fall, and once they did, they wouldn't stop. "No. I hate this! I hate this so much! He promised he wouldn't leave me. Why does everyone leave me?" My knees buckled and I fell to the floor, pulling at my hair.

I sobbed, feeling everything start to shake, and my brother was completely speechless by my breakdown since he's never seen me like this.

"I feel like I can't breathe. I can't do this anymore!" I cried, and he took me in his arms, but I fought him. "No! No! Let me go! It's not fair! It's not fair." I stopped fighting, falling into his chest, and I clutched his shirt in my fist.

"It hurts. It hurts so bad." I sobbed into his chest.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. It's okay. Just calm down. It's okay." He whispered, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"I loved him, Stiles," I said, feeling the earthquake I caused ceasing. "Why does everyone leave me?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said, holding me tighter, and I sobbed into his chest, mourning for the one person who made me genuinely happy in a long time.

I felt broken.

-

It's been less than a week since Theo died, and I'm a wreck. I haven't left my room in days, and I've barely been eating. I didn't want to. I didn't want to do anything. Since he died, I've been having nightmares of me getting my heart ripped out while he's forced to watch every time I close my eyes, and it's rare when she returns the favor to him.

Yesterday I decided to leave Beacon Hills, leaving only a note behind, and I haven't answered my phone at all. I couldn't bear it.

I finally arrived at my destination, and I stepped out of the taxi, paying him what I owe before grabbing my luggage. I turn around to look at the house, and I walked up to it with my bags in hand. I was careful going up the steps before ringing the doorbell.

The door soon opened to reveal a very familiar face that I haven't seen in a few months.

"Casey?"

I gave him a weak smile. "Hey, Isaac."