Chapter 16

Dedicated to
Luvexx

Chapter 16

"Are you not really ashamed of my scars?" I asked him again while staring my back on the big mirror. Isang kumot lang ang nakapalibot sa aking hubad na katawan. We are inside my room here in Star's bungalow.

I heard him sighed as he sat up on the bed with his boxer's only. He looked at my reflection on the mirror.

"With scars or not having it, Wel. It doesn't matter. You didn't know how gorgeous you are in my eyes."

"Eh?" Napanguso ako at nilingon siya. "Sinasabi mo lang yan Nix. As I've heard, having a girlfriend who has a flawless body is a prize for most men-"

Napatigil ako sa pagsalita ng nakita ko siyang naglakad patungo sakin sa mapupungay na mga mata.

"I don't care about the look or the body." He touched my face using his warm hands. Direktang tinitigan niya ako sa mata.

"What I always dreamed is that having a woman with full of passion. The one who has a beautiful and brave soul. A good friend and life's companion. And y'know what Moonlight, that dream came true the moment you step in my dark zone. I couldn't forget that one twilit night," he continued while smiling. His cute canines are on display.

Walang pakundangang tumibok nang malakas ang aking puso sa narinig na mga salita mula sa kanya. His words are like a beam of light strikes in my heart. It spreads all throughout my cold system making my tears fall. I just couldn't help it.

"I was flawed. I have a lot of imperfections, Nix. But still..you..you pursued someone like me. God.." Pinahid ko ang aking luha na hindi ko mapigilan sa pagtulo. I was beyond happy that someone sees my worth and welcomed me in his life.

Bumalik ako sa kama at umupo roon na nakatungo.

"You wanna hear my story?" matapang kong tanong sa kanya. Now, I'm gonna tell him the reason why my life became a mess and scarred.

"If you are ready then I'll listen to it. Go on moonlight," anas nito at umupo sa tabi ko.

"Sige.." I inhaled deeply. At sinimulan ko nang ikwento sa kanya ang mga alaalang hindi mawala-wala sa aking puso't isipan kahit na natutulog ako.

Flashback..

Being a child who never felt the warmth and love of my mother. I always did something good and even the craziest acts just to get her precious attention.

I worked my ass hard in a decade just to be worthy being called her daughter.

I studied hard to be an excellent child she could ever have. Baka sakaling mapansin niya rin ako sa ganitong paraan.

In school, I couldn't enjoy and make friends because I was in the library studying and focusing on my lessons. I read tons of books just to be more knowledgeable and an exceptional student.

I succeeded to become one of the top students in my class but she was never proud of me. She never did.

All of my hardships are paid to nothing. Everything I did was not worthful to her. She even scolded me for not being at the highest rank. Kulang pa daw ang lahat ng aking pagsisikap.

"Do you think? I'll be proud of my daughter being at the 3rd rank? 3rd, Souhaila?! Ano na lang ang sasabihin ng lahat kapag makikita nila ang isang Alizarine Lopez na umaakyat sa entablado at nagsasabit ng medalya ng kanyang anak na ikatlo lamang sa trono!' bulalas nito.

"Nakakahiya! Alam mo 'yon? All my life I was always at the top. No one ever surpassed my title being the intelligent student of our time. Tapos ngayon ito?! Ipapahiya mo ba talaga ang iyong Ina, ha?" dagdag niya.