THIRTY

As a yearly practice at Yook Industries, work ends at 12:00NN on the last business day before Christmas and resumes on the first working day after the New Year.  And so, on the morning of December 24, which happened to be the last working day before Christmas that year, every employee of Yook Industries is busy, rushing to finish up all the work they can before the office closes for the holidays.  Sungjae is in his office along with Eunkwang, Changsub, Narae and Eunwoo.  They were currently having a budget meeting with the company's Chief Finance Officer Lee Sangyoon, PR Director Lee Seunggi and Digital Campaign Director Yang Sehyung.  "Okay. Let's set another meeting after the New Year. I'll review the proposal over the holidays and hopefully we can finalize it by then," Sungjae said after two hours.  After wishing each other a happy holiday, everyone left Sungjae's office, except Eunkwang and Changsub.  As soon as the others exited his office, Sungjae immediately dialed a number.  "Sungjae. Is everything okay?" Eunkwang asked him.  "Yes, hyung. Why?" Sungjae replied.  "You kept looking at your watch and checking your phone during the meeting. That's not like you," Changsub added.  "Oh, that," Sungjae started to say but stopped when the person on the other line picked up.  Gesturing to his hyung-deul to wait, Sungjae spoke on the phone.  "You're still at home?" Sungjae said, walking to the windows.  Exchanging looks, they immediately knew who he was talking to.  They also understand now why he was restless during the meeting.  "No. We left about half an hour ago," Joy said.  "Okay. I'll just see you at appa's. Can I talk to Jaejae?" Sungjae said.  "Sure," Joy replied before handing the phone to Youngjae.  They spoke for a few minutes before Sungjae ended the call.  Turning back to his brothers, he found both of them smiling at him in a funny way.  "What?" he asked them curiously.  "Nothing," the two chorused but the smile never left their faces.  Checking his watch, Changsub straightened up.  "Anyway, it's almost time to head home. So, I'll see you both tomorrow," Changsub said.  "Tell Chorong she doesn't need to cook. We'll bring the food. Her Hyolyn unnie said she'll prepare everything," Eunkwang told Changsub who gave the OK sign before going out of Sungjae's office.  "I should go, too. I've got to help your noona prepare the food for tomorrow. What about you?" Eunkwang said to Sungjae.  "I'll head over to the mansion from here. Sooyoung and Jaejae are already on their way so I'll just meet them there. Sooyoung said she'll help eomma prepare dinner for later, although eomma said she doesn't need to. Sooyoung insisted especially when she learned that the housekeepers went home for the holidays," Sungjae said as Eunkwang nodded in understanding.  "So, I'll see you three tomorrow," Eunkwang said as he headed for the door.  "Yeah. Oh, and tell noona, eomma is cooking *galbi-jjim and *songpyeon, and Sooyoung said she'll make *bungeoppang. We'll bring those tomorrow," Sungjae informed Eunkwang.  "Roger that," Eunkwang saluted in acknowledgment before stepping out of the room.  Sungjae packed up his things and stepped out of his office.  "I thought you two already left," Sungjae said, surprised to see Narae and Eunwoo waiting for him when most of the employees had already left.  "Well, we thought you might still have some last minute instructions," Narae explained.  "Aish! I would have just emailed you if I have. You're both going home for the holidays. You should have left early," he scolded them.  "That's okay. My husband and kids are picking me up then we'll go straight to my parents' house," Narae said.  "What about you?" Sungjae turned to Eunwoo, noticing his travelling bag.  "No worries, boss. I'd still make it home before nightfall," he replied.  "Not if you get caught in traffic," Sungjae said.  "You have a driver's license now, right?" Sungjae asked him.  Eunwoo nodded.  Walking to Narae's desk, Sungjae picked up the phone and pressed the local of the carpool supervisor, instructing him to give the key to one of the company's SUV to Eunwoo.  "You don't have to do that, boss. I still have plenty of time," Eunwoo protested shyly as the three of them walked to the elevator.  "It's done. And you'll get there earlier so you'll have more time to spend with your family," Sungjae said.  "Just make sure to bring the car back in one piece," he added jokingly.  Eunwoo thanked Sungjae again for lending him one if the company cars before wishing him and Narae happy holidays as they got off the elevator at the building lobby while he went down to the basement parking where the carpool office is located.  Narae wished Sungjae a Merry Christmas as they stepped out of the building and went to meet her family who were waiting in their car.  Sungjae went to his own car to head to his parents' house.  He's excited to celebrate Christmas this year and he's not going to deny that it's because of Joy and Youngjae.