Chapter 12

Sophie laid in the healing center for days ignoring everyone that talked to her. Elwins words still rattled in her brain, "You may never be the same." The only visits that she enjoyed were Keefe's. Where everyone else asked her if she was feeling alright, Keefe would only take her hand and send her calming breezes and tell her stories of the day. He never asked if she was feeling alright, because it was clear that she wasn't.
__________________________________________________________

Sophie was scaring Keefe. She wouldn't talk and she would just lay there mumbling about how she's useless. Keefe knew that Sophie wouldn't like to be asked if she's okay. She just wasn't that type of person. Keefe's thoughts tumbled to when he brought her to the healing center.

Keefe stumbled into Foxfire's healing center holding a bloody Sophie. Elwin was thoroughly confused.
"No time to expl-" Keefe started but was cut of by a screaming Bullhorn. Elwin quickly hailed Tam to get there quick. Bullhorn laid on Sophie's chest, which pretty much gave Keefe a heart attack. Then the screaming banshee started doing something with his tail. He was drawing a picture of a wanderling on Sophie's forearm. It kind of looked like a tattoo.
"What does it mean," Keefe asked.
"I've never seen it happen to one of my patients, but I've read about it. When Bullhorn draws the last leaf on the wanderling...Sophie will be dead.