Chapter 19

'Walk away slowly, Sophie transmitted to the group, 'Don't let them see you.' Unfortunately, the blonde had already seen them. She nudged the green eyed one, and he looked directly at them.
"Hey, you're the ones from school," he started, "The...Moonlark..." Sophie paled again but shook it off. Instead she looked around the shop to make sure no one was around, then pulled a goblin throwing star out of one of her MANY pockets.
"You have 10 seconds to explain how you know about that," She threatened, pointing the weapon at them. They seemed a little surprised at first, but then recovered as the pulled out their own weapons. The grey eyed one had a nasty looking dagger and the green eyed one had a huge glowing sword.
Keefe stepped in, "Woah, listen, we don't want to hurt you, but how do you know about Foster?"
They shared a glance, and reluctantly, the pair put their weapons away.
"Um...how about we go take a walk. Then we'll tell you."
'Should we trust them?' Sophie transmitted.
'Well, they did just point daggers and swords at us,' Fitz replied.
'But we have to figure out how they know.' Sophie argued.
'...Fine...'
"Sure," Sophie said out loud.

____line break____

Soon they were walking down the sidewalk.
"Okay introductions," Biana said, breaking the silence.
"Oh, I'm Percy Jackson, and this is Wise Gir- oh, um, Annabeth," The green eyed boy said, pointing to him and the girl.
"You already know us from the school announcements," Linh said cheerfully. They walked in silence until Percy said, "Woah, that's a cool tattoo! Where'd you get it done?"
"I don't have a tattoo," Sophie mumbled.
"Um...yeah, you do," he pointed to Sophie's forearm, "It's so detailed!" Sophie glanced down at her forearm, to see the wanderling that Bullhorn drew.
"It's nothing," Sophie said harshly.
"Where'd you get it?"
"No where," she spat through gritted teeth.
"You had to get it somewhere," Annabeth pointed out, "It'd be fun to get one," She said to Percy.
"Trust me, it isn't," Sophie said under her breath.
"Where'd you get it done?" Annabeth asked again,"They look really skilled." The monster stirred, remembering the pain she went through when she got the permanent marking on her arm. She tried to push it down, but it wouldn't liten...

It was too strong...

She vaguely heard people calling her name, and felt a calming breeze run through her...but it didn't help...

She drifted further as the monster pulled her down into the darkness...

She couldn't breathe...

She couldn't feel...

'You can't live' the monster told her...

The monster seemed to move in slow motion. 'What's going on?' Sophie wondered...

The monster kept slowing down as she struggled to get air...

She was slipping...

Then, her heart stopped beating...

Okay, I know I've had some evil cliffhangers. But...I might need to go into hiding to escape the angry mob that I know is forming, for this one. Have mercy?