Chapter 36

Demigods:

Percy and Annabeth launched themselves at the strange, deadly creature in front of them. It gave a deafening roar as Percy swung his sword.

While Percy was distracting the beast, Annabeth snuck from behind with her dagger. She gave one long slice and the creature collapsed on the ground. The demigods turned to the elves, who were still frozen.

"Y-you k-killed i-t..." Dex looked about ready to vomit.

"Yeah, and we could have used some help!" Then noticing the elves sickly expressions, they rested, though reluctantly. They started again when the foreign group was ready again.

"So...where do we go now?" Fitz questioned.

"Hmm...'Find the young of crystal and gold,
Ignore the words of wisdom of old.
Meet the ones with the Moonlark,
If all fails, the worlds will go dark'... Well, I don't really know..." Annabeth recited.

Leo was in utter shock. "Annabeth? Not knowing something? Le gasp!"
Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"I'd hate to interfere this...conversation, but it's getting pretty dark," Tam interjected. Percy looked up and agreed.

They stopped to set up camp for the night. And, with a few fights, the group drifted of to sleep. They made a bad decision, leaving Dex on first night patrol because he fell asleep.

And no one knew the danger that lurked in front of them.