Chapter 24

Elves:

Fitz groaned as he slowly opened his eyes.
"W-where am I?" He asked no one in particular. The words came out more garbled than he wanted.
"Who wants to know?" A cold voice demanded.
"Um, me." Fitz tried to sit up, only to find that his hands were tied to the bed post that was attached to the bed he was laying in. With difficulty, he managed to raise his head a little to find a boy about his age with blonde hair and a deep tan. There was a short boy next to him with black hair and a scowl on his pale face.
"Where's everyone else?" Fitz asked.
"Next to you," the blonde replied. Slowly, Fitz turned to find his friends on either side of him. All of them were still out of it. Awkward silence followed.
"Why am I tied up?" Ritz (Sorry, I meant Fitz) questioned.
"So you can't whip out those Throwing Stars and try to kill us," The pale one retorted.
"Next time, don't kidnap people," Fitz fired back. Before the couple could reply, they heard ragged breathing coming from a few cots over.
"It's the blonde girl again, Will," The pale boy told the tan one.

"It'll pass, Nico."

Fitz turned to see Sophie gasping for breath beside him. Instead up passing, though, the gasps turned into screams. She also tried to thrash, but the ropes prevented her.
"Eh, it's probably just a nightmare," Nico waved it off, "It won't kill her."
Fitz looked him straight in the eye, "You don't know these nightmares like I do... they can kill her."