Chapter 32

Sophie screamed, breaking the newfound silence. She clutched her head as her body began to shimmer. One moment she was in the room, the other, she was gone.

____ line break ____

"What do we do? What do we do?" Linh muttered to herself. Tam went over to her, and placed a hand on her shoulder. He turned to his friends. "Do you think it was the Neverseen?"

"No. Why would they pop out of nowhere and just take Sophie? I thought they stopped doing that," Biana shook her head.

"Plus, we've never heard that voice or seen that ability before," Fitz agreed.

Keefe didn't look convinced. "The Neverseen are gone, guys."

"Oh...I forgot about that..." Fitz muttered,"When bad things happen, they're usually to blame..."

Keefe nodded, "Then who did it?"

Percy jumped in. "Maybe a monster or titan from here?"

"That is the most logical solution here," Chiron said.

While everyone thought, it grew silent...only to be broken by a worried Keefe.

"Uh, guys?"

"Yeah?"

"Fitz is angry again..."

"Shoot!" Biana mumbled.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL JUST STANDING THERE!?" Fitz fumed,"SOPHIE COULD BE SERIOUSLY HURT OR DEAD BY NOW! THERE'S NO TIME FOR THINKING!"

"Woah, dude, she's been gone for, like, two seconds," Percy said.

"Plus, there's always time for thinking. If you just charge in there, you're just gonna die," retorted Annabeth.

Fitz didn't calm down, but he stopped screaming.

"Okay, so...then what do we do?" Keefe questioned.

Annabeth smiled mischievously, an odd glint forming in her eye, "We make a battle plan."