Chapter 20

Demigods:

"Where'd you get it done," Annabeth repeated. Suddenly, Sophie got pale, really pale. She started shaking, and her knees buckled.
"Sophie!" Everyone shouted multiple times. Sophie completely collapsed and started thrashing and screaming.
"What's happening?!" Percy shouted.
"If she keeps thrashing, she's going to break a bone!" Annabeth yelled. Fitz turned to Percy and Annabeth, a storm forming in his eyes.
"You did this!" He gritted out, "You just couldn't leave her alone!"
"I only asked about a dumb tattoo!" Percy exclaimed, anger rising in his voice.
"I'll call an ambulance," Annabeth said, surprisingly calm, as she got out her phone, (Leo modified some phones so monsters couldn't track them.) And dialed 911.
"She can't go to a human healing center!" Dex screamed, as he was pinning Sophie down to stop the thrashing. But it was too late. The ambulance was already on it's way.

____ line break ____
Elves:

"Come on, Foster, stay with me" Keefe mumbled as the ambulance drove away with Sophie in it. The last thing he saw before the doors closed was Sophie hooked up to weird machines, and someone pushing on her chest as if he was trying to make her heart beat. Maybe he was...

____ line break ____

Sophie struggled against the monster. It clawed at her making her want to go into the comfy nook in her mind where the pain wouldn't reach her. But her friends needed her. Her family needed her. As these realizations dawned apon her, she gathered up all her mental strength and hurled it at the monster. It retreated, but she knew it would come back.

Sophie faintly heard a beeping noise, and muffled voices. She groaned.

"She's waking up," Someone said, it kind of sounded like Annabeth, but Sophie wasn't sure. She tried to sit up, but it felt like a mammoth was sitting on her chest...and all of its relatives were repeatedly stabbing her with their tusks. Sophie groaned again and slowly opened her eyes.
"Where am I?" She said breathlessly.
"You're in the hospital, sweetheart," A kind voice replied, "I'm Doctor Rosedale. Would you mind telling me what happened? I've never seen anything like that before. Also, you have numerous scars, and that tattoo on your arm, isn't ink... and it wasn't burnt in to your skin." Sophie grimaced at the word tattoo.
"I-I don't remember..." She groaned.
'Don't worry, I remember everything,' Sophie transmitted to her friends, 'I'm just playing along.'
'Are you okay, Sophie? Fitz asked, 'The doctors said that you stopped breathing...and your heart stopped beating.
'Don't worry, Fitz, I'm fine.'
'Sophie?'
'Yeah?'
'The wanderling on your arm? It magically drew half of a leaf on the last branch...if you ever come close to dying again...there's nothing to help you...y-you'll be gone.'