Chapter Seven

Jungkook and I had spent the rest of the evening in our dorm room. I had been reading and he was writing in his notebook. We went downstairs for dinner and made light conversation while we ate. 

It was dark outside once we had finished dinner, and the other soldiers were back in our room so Jungkook and I had decided to go for the run we had planned earlier that day. Since the sun had gone down it had cooled down outside, it would make running easier.

There were a few other people at the track, but it seemed like they were only using the gym equipment in the middle. I stopped at the side of the track and sat down to stretch. I extended my legs in front of me and put my head on my knees. I held that position for a few seconds before crossing my legs and extending my arms in front of me and touching the grass.

"Wow, you're so flexible. My muscles hurt just watching you do that," Jungkook said from beside me. I chuckled and stood back up and jogged on the spot for a few seconds.

"Keep up, princess," I winked at Jungkook and took off towards the track. The track was hard under my feet. I wasn't used to running with boots on, so I was running a bit slower than usual.

"It's not difficult to keep up with you when you're running like a grandma," Jungkook said as he started running next to me.

"I'm just trying to get used to these stupid boots, they're not as light as the trainers I normally use," I mumbled while concentrating on the ground in front of me, trying not to fall over my own feet. 

We ran around the track a few times before I came to a stop on the side of the track. My feet had started to hurt after the first lap so I was in agony now. I flopped onto the grass and pulled my boots off and started massaging my feet with my hands.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jungkook asked as he jogged towards me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, these boots are just killing my feet. Maybe a run wasn't such a good idea on the first day," I giggled while still massaging my feet.

"Just run barefoot for a while, leave your boots here," he said as he started running again. I pulled off my socks and started running after him. The track was rough under my bare feet but it was manageable. 

Running was already easier. As I ran around the corner of the track, I started to sprint down the straight. My feet were pounding on the track underneath me and the wind was rushing past my face. It felt good to be running. I always loved running to relieve stress, and after the day I had, I needed it. I ran past Jungkook and he started to laugh as he sped up to try and keep up with me. I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer until he ran past me. His legs were much longer than mine so he was able to overtake me in no time. Once he had reached the part of the track where I had left my boots, he slowed down and stopped. He turned around and watched me run towards him. I stopped in front of him and bent over, putting my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"It's not fair. Your legs are too long," I said in between breaths, "It's impossible for me to keep up!" I stood up straight and saw a smile plastered on Jungkook's face, he giggled and said,

"It's not my fault I'm blessed." I glared at him playfully before pushing his shoulder with my hand as I walked past him. I sat down on the grass and put my socks and boots back on.

"So, what now? It's still pretty early and I don't feel like going back to the dorm," I said as I stood back up.

Jungkook looked around and shrugged his shoulders, "We can sit here for a while if you want? It's a nice night and the sky is pretty clear so we can just look at the stars, I guess," I smiled at his suggestion, he seemed so innocent at that moment.