A crime scene

Author's note: This scene is a continuation of the chapter " Life among liars". 

The road was lit only by the headlights of a car. Emma was driving. The girl stared ahead intently. Her eyes were slightly red because she had been crying recently. The news of Mr. Morgan's death did not leave her and Chloe indifferent. They were shocked by what had happened.

Jungkook was in the passenger seat next to the driver. He occasionally glanced at the girl but was silent. He had no idea what to do in such situations. The organization had trained him to feel nothing.  Because it's hard to kill people when you feel pity and compassion for them. Empathy was extremely rare in his heart. For the most part, he remained indifferent to others.

The only person who caused him a storm of emotions was Melody, and he couldn't control it.  For some reason, when he was alone with her, he knew exactly how to behave and what to say. It was very easy for him to express his feelings with her. But with other people, it was a problem.

But that was totally normal for guys in his organization. Almost everyone he knew was like him, except for Jimin.

Years of fear and pain had not broken him. The organization couldn't take away his humanity. Jimin has always remained empathetic and kind, not only to Jungkook or the other guys in the organization but also to random people. Sometimes Jeon thought about how hard it was for Jimin to have such a big heart and still be a professional killer. 

Chloe sat in the backseat of the car, staring blankly out the window. She was clutching a paper napkin. 

" Poor Mr. Morgan..." she murmured. " I just, I just can't believe he's dead. " 

" It's hard for me to believe, too." Emma answered her friend. " I'm used to seeing him every day because I've been friends with Melody all my life." 

" Oh, Melody..." Chloe sighed heavily. " She will be heartbroken when she finds out."

" Yeah..." Emma nodded. "To be honest, I'm afraid she won't be able to handle her grief. Her father was everything to her." 

Everything they said made Jungkook feel miserable. He didn't want his Melody to go through all this. 

" But she has you two, right?" Jimin interrupted their conversation. " So she won't be left alone." The guy handed Chloe a new paper napkin. The girl took it and nodded. Her eyes and Jimin's met, and Chloe smiled shyly and looked away. 

" Melody has me. "  Jeon said softly but clearly. 

" And we'll talk about you later." Jimin said, giving Jungkook a serious look. 

" Oh, are you related?" Emma asked. " You just act like Jungkook is your little brother." 

" No, but we've been together since we were kids." Jimin answered.

Suddenly, red and blue lights appeared on the road ahead. After a couple of minutes, it became clear that they were police cars. They were all parked near a roadside cafe. The building was surrounded by police tape. The cafe's windows were broken. 

There were a lot of cops who showed up at the crime scene.

" I think we found what we were looking for." Jimin said slowly. 

There were five black, full bags on the ground. Jungkook knew perfectly well that such bags were used to pack corpses.

An ambulance was parked a short distance away. Its doors were open.  A stocky man sat inside. Outwardly, he looked like a typical trucker. A female police officer stood nearby and questioned him. 

" What the hell happened here?" Chloe asked. 

"Taehyung was definitely here." Jeon replied. "Stop the car. I want to find out who the people in the body bags." the guy said to Emma.

Miller parked the car on the side of the road. A policeman immediately came to them. 

Jungkook lowered his head and didn't look at the cop's face. If he's wanted for the murder of Mr. Morgan, he'd better not draw attention to himself.

"Good evening, officer," Emma said." What happened?"  

" There's been a crime, Miss." the cop answered her. " What are you doing here?"

" We were just passing by, but we saw the police cars and decided to ask." the girl answered. "Is there anything we can do to help?" 

" Thank you, Miss, but we don't need your help." the man replied. " I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to leave. The police have to do their job." 

" Oh, okay, okay." the girl said after a bit of hesitation. " Have a nice day, officer."

" So what do we do now?" Miller asked as the car pulled away a little. 

"Drive a little ahead and park over there. Turn off the lights." Jungkook said then he turned his head in the direction of the ambulance. He looked focused. " We're not leaving here without information." 

Hello my cute bunnies. ❤️💕🐇💕❤️

Sorry, I'm late. I hope you're not mad at me. 😥

Well, did you like the new chapter?  🤔

💗 Please don't forget to vote and leave comments. 💗