His past

I'm seventeen, but I've never been in love in my entire life, and I've never been attracted to anyone. My friends and classmates fell in love with their peers or celebrities. Chloe had a strange habit of falling in love with anime characters. But I never liked anyone and that was until I met Jeon Jungkook. I was drawn to him so hard. It was like he was the strongest magnet in the world, and I was completely made of metal.

I was afraid and confused by my new feelings.  I didn't know how to deal with it.

" So what are your conditions?" he asked, still holding my waist. The guy put his chin on my shoulder.

"Firstly, don't try to flirt with me. Secondly, we will sleep on opposite sides of the bed. And thirdly, you will..."

" Okay, I choose the third. " he interrupted me.

" Hey, I haven't finished yet."I said indignantly. " And you can't choose only one point. You must fulfill all the conditions."

" It's impossible. So just forget about it." he said in a businesslike tone.

Then the guy lifted me up in his arms and walked over to the bed.

"What are you doing?  Are you crazy? Hey, put me down!" I exclaimed, trying to free myself.

" Don't worry, I won't drop you." He said.

" I'm not worried about that." I said. " You shouldn't lift anything heavy. Your stitches might come apart because of this. "  

" But you're not heavy at all." The guy smiled. He lifted me a little higher and I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

I felt so small and fragile in his strong arms but at the same time I felt completely safe. 

Suddenly, voices came from the corridor. Emma was talking to her mother.

"Yes, mom. Melody's in the bathroom right now. But I'll tell her you said good night. " my friend said.

JK lowered me to the bed gently.

" Remind me why we spend the night here and not at home." he asked in a whisper.

" Because Emma's parents are worried about us." I answered, just as quietly.

The guy smiled wryly and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sure they're only worried about you. They don't care about me." he said softly and then added grimly : "No one ever gives a damn about me."

" Hey, don't say that. The Millers are good, sincere people. When you get to know them better, you'll like them." I said. " And what about me? I care about you. I even saved your life."

" That's true " the guy said and gave me a quick glance. " But that's because you don't know me well. If you knew everything about me, I'm sure you'd just let me bleed out and die the night we first met. "

" I would never let a person die, even if he was the worst person in the world. So you're wrong. I want to be a doctor in the future. I'll have to treat bad people as well." I moved closer to him.

" You hated me when you found out I killed five people. Imagine how many people I've killed since I've been in the organization." he said.

I sighed heavily.

" Well, it depends on how old were you when you started killing..." 

" I was 11." JK interrupted me.

" Oh, God. How did this happen?" I asked quietly, shocked by his admission.

"My first mission was to kill a some politician. It was at a social event. I went there with a woman who pretended to be my mother. And there... there was so many kids my age. His daughter was there, too. I told him she was calling for him and he followed me. I took him to an empty room and just shot him in the head...." As JK spoke, he stared straight ahead. His voice was calm and emotionless. " The dude had so many guards, but they never thought that a kid would kill him."

" I can't even imagine how you felt at that moment." I said.

" To be honest, I was relieved." he answered. " If I failed my first mission, I would have been killed. I was so afraid of death when I was a kid. As I got older I lost the ability to feel fear. "

He looked at me very strangely. He thought about something for a few seconds, but then continued to speak.

" I almost got caught that time." he said. Jeon gave me the odd look again.  " The woman in the red dress saw me kill this man. She was shocked, but didn't call security. She said I was too young to do this. She said she could help me, but I ran away. According to the rules, I should have killed her too, but I didn't. I don't regret letting her live."

"No wonder that woman was shocked..." I sighed. " So how'd you get there? "

" I lived in an orphanage with Jimin and Tae. Then we were all adopted. We were so happy to finally find a home, but we had no idea what lay ahead." he said bitterly. "The couple who adopted us turned out to be fake. We were immediately sent to a training center in the USA. There were a lot of kids like us at the base. This organization gathers children all over the world and makes them perfect killers. " JK's hands clenched into fists. He stared straight ahead." They steals our identities. We don't exist for any state in the world. We are ghosts. They break our will and teach us to obey orders and code. Someone died during the cruel training, someone tried to escape and was killed, someone just couldn't stand it..." The guy paused then he sighed and squared his shoulders. " But I survived, passed the initiation, and got my team. There were seven of us: me, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, and our group leader Kim Namjoon. We grew up together, trained together, went on missions together. We're like brothers, but each must punish or kill the other for violating the code."

I saw him in a different light now.  Next to me was a guy who had been through hell. I was struck by his story. 

He's just a boy, my age. How could this happen to him?

I wanted to comfort him, but I didn't know how to do it. My heart ached in my chest and I felt like I was about to cry.

" I'm so sorry this happened to you." I said, moving closer to him. I touched his cheek and stroked his scar with my fingertips.

" This was my punishment for trying to escape with Jimin." he explained.

" I guessed. " I said quietly. 

" I look ugly because of that scar, right?" Jungkook asked sadly.

" Not at all... " I took his face in my hands.  "This scar makes you even more handsome. Because it makes you who you are. You got it trying to win your freedom. " 

" Do you think I'm handsome?" He asked suddenly.

" Did you not just hear my tirade?" I said and took my hands away from his face.  

" I heard the most important thing." JK smiled. " So am I handsome?" 

" Well, yes. You're a perfect ten. You could date any pretty girl from my school. Even with the captain of the cheerleading squad. " 

" No, thanks. I already have you. I don't want nobody else." 

" I'm not yours , Jungkook.  We're just friends. " I said. 

💕Hello, my angels. I'll post an another update later.💕

💕I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for still reading my book. I love you. 💕

💕 Please don't forget to vote and leave comments. 💕