He's hiding something

" Where are you taking me?" I asked, looking at Jungkook's back. We were walking down the second-floor hall. " We missed the stairs. The vending machine is located on the first floor." the guy didn't react, just kept going. "Hey, are you even listening to me?" 

Suddenly he stopped in front of the door. I almost bumped into him. Jeon stood for a few seconds, listening. Then he pulled the handle and looked inside. "Great! There's no one here."

He pulled me into the room and closed the door behind us. It was dark inside. 

" Can you tell me what's going on?" I exclaimed. " Why are we here?"

" We have to talk seriously. " He said softly. 

" Okay..." I said, frowning. " Do we have to do this here?"

" I think so." he replied. "No one needs to hear us."

" Well, huh... Can I turn on the light?" I asked.

He reached for the light switch and bright light flooded the room. There were several desks and filing cabinets in the room.

I looked at Jungkook. He looked very focused but there was concern in the depths of his dark eyes.

" So what do you want to talk about?" I asked and he sighed.

 " You have to tell me everything you saw in the coffee shop." He said.

I looked at him suspiciously. He was acting very strangely. I sensed that he was hiding something.

" What's this for? You're not an investigator. " I said indignantly.

" Come on, Melody. You can trust me. " He assured me looking me straight in the face.  " I kind of owe you my life, remember?"

" I'd trust you more if I knew why you need this information. " I said folding my arms. 

" Because I want to protect you."  He came closer and his hand touched my cheek and my heart started to beat faster. I looked away to collect my thoughts.  " And to do that, I need to know everything you're going to tell the investigator."  

In that moment, it all became clear. I felt cheated. 

I took the guy's wrist and pulled his hand away from my face, then took a step back.

" Let me guess, you're trying to figure out  what I saw in the coffee shop for a reason. You want to know how much I know about what happened. And if I saw something I shouldn't have, you're going to ask me to keep it quiet at the interrogation. Am I right?"  I was boiling with indignation.

" Well, you're very perceptive." He smirked.  " So what did you see?" 

" I'm not going to cover up for murderers. " I exclaimed. 

His face darkened. 

"  You have no idea what kind of trouble you're going to get into if you say too much."  He said sternly.

" Damn, I understand nothing. You don't want to be a criminal anymore, but you're asking me to lie to the police. Whose side are you on? " 

" I'm on your side, Melody." Jungkook said firmly. 

" I find that really hard to believe." I gave him an incredulous look.

 The guy sighed heavily then a look of intense resentment succeeded.

" I wouldn't ask you if I didn't care. " he said. " It's not as simple as you think. There's a big mess coming up, I don't want you to get hurt. You'd better not get involved in this at all. It's for your own safety." 

" I'll be fine anyway. I'm under police protection." I answered. 

He laughed sarcastically. 

" You are under my protection. They are absolutely useless against people from the organization I used to belong to. Moreover, there are a lot of informants here. The world isn't always black and white, as you think." 

" I'll do the right thing anyway." I said firmly. The guy frowned.

" Your need for justice is making my life difficult. " he sighed.

" You don't have to protect me. I helped you just because I wanted to do it. You don't owe me anything. " I said.

"I don't owe you anything, of course.  But I'll protect you..." he took my hands and pulled me to him. A smirk appeared on his lips. " ... simply because you are mine."

My heart just skipped a beat and my cheeks flushed. 

 " Don't talk nonsense." I muttered, trying not to look him in the eyes. 

There were voices in the corridor. Suddenly the door opened. There were two policemen on the doorstep. They stared at us in surprise.

" Hey, what are you two doing here?"  One of them asked. 

"Well... we were just looking for a vending machine, but it's not here." JK said it casually. " So we'll probably go and look for it somewhere else." Before the men could say anything, he took my hand and pulled me out of the room. 

___________________________

Hi, guys! I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I have so many things right now.  In short, I'm not doing well.. Things are more complicated than I thought. My plans are falling apart. I lost almost five kilos due to nerves. But I'm not going to give up. I'll try again and again until I get what I want. Thank you all for your support in the comments and messages. I really appreciate it.

Don't worry, I won't stop writing this story, but I'll be less active, for a while. I hope you know I love you all very much. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️