The police station

We drove up to the police station. There were several cars parked in front of the building.  Some of cars were marked " FBI".

When we entered the building I was very surprised.

I'd been to my dad's office a few times and knew everyone who worked there. It was always quite and peaceful here. Because nothing interesting ever happened in our town. But there were a lot of people inside now. They were all busy with working. 

" Wow, there are so many people here." I said, looking around the lobby. 

" Yeah, we have a lot of guests lately." Carla said and kept walking. 

" Well, where's my dad now?" I asked. 

" He's in his office, but we're not going to him. Your father is very busy right now. He's talking to the feds." she said with disapprobation. She didn't like the FBI interfering with the work.

" Well, okay."  I said.

" Don't worry, Melody. I'll take you to the other witnesses." The woman said, and we started up the stairs. 

We went up to the second floor. I saw Emma and Chloe, as well as their parents, in the hall. The girls were sitting on chairs that were arranged in a row near the wall. Their parents were standing at the window, quietly discussing something. Everyone was very scared and worried.

Chloe was tearful and very pale. In her hand was a crumpled paper napkin. Emma stroked her friend's back.

"I'll leave you guys here." Diaz said. " I have work to do." 

" Wait, when am I supposed to be questioned? " I asked. 

" You'll be invited later. A man from the FBI will be talking to you." She answered and left.

JK and I looked after her, then looked at each other.

 " Melody!" Emma exclaimed when she saw me. She jumped up from her chair and ran to me. The girl hugged me tightly. "Oh, thank God you're all right. I thought something bad had happened to you. Why aren't you answering your phone?" She said then saw Jeon and nodded understandingly. "Oh, right. You were with him..."

" Hello, again, Emma." Jungkook smiled.

" Hi. I didn't expect to see you here." The girl said.

" I'm here because of Melody. She was very scared and literally begged me to go with her. I couldn't say no." The guy shrugged his shoulders.

I pursed my lips and took a deep breath. 

That guy makes me so mad!

" Stop lying!" I said indignantly. "Firstly, you asked to come with us. Secondly, I'm not scared."

Emma smiled for a split second, then her face became serious again. 

" Well, I think you should be scared."  the girl said. " Do you remember that strange man who asked where the police station was? Someone killed him..." 

" Someone cut his throat while he was in his car." Chloe interrupted her. She came up to us very quietly.  "I saw his dead body before the police arrived." She murmured. The girl was clutching a paper napkin tightly in her hand. Her body was shaking a little. 

" Did you find him?" I asked, surprised.

" No, I didn't..." She answered. Chloe spoke very slowly and quietly. " He was found by a woman who couldn't leave the Parking lot. The dead man's car blocked her exit. She approached me in the coffee shopwhen I was talking to that nice guy - Jimin." Chloe mentioned the name and Jungkook snorted softly . I looked at him, but he frowned and looked away. " She said that the man in the car lost consciousness and asked to call an ambulance. Her own phone didn't work. I called the paramedics and then Jimin and I went to see what happened. The man was lying face down on the steering wheel. At first I thought he was having a heart attack. "The girl paused her lips trembling and her eyes filling with tears." And then I looked down I saw blood. The entire floor of the car was covered in blood. I started screaming and crying. That was horrible." She sobbed loudly, but went on. " Thank God, Jimin was with me. He called the police and helped me calm down."

" Where is he now?" Jeon asked.

" He is being questioned as a witness..." Chloe said, wiping her eyes with a napkin." Sorry, do I know you?" She asked, confused.

" Chloe, this is Jungkook." Emma said. " I told you about him today. He's staying with Melody. " 

" Oh, well, nice to meet you." Chloe said. "I'm sorry to meet under such circumstances." She shook her head, clenching the napkin in her fist again and wandered back to the chairs. She sat up and stared at the wall without blinking.

" She's acting so strange..." I said softly to Emma.

" She's just in shock, I think." The girl said without taking her eyes off our friend.

"You're right, I guess" I agreed. 

" Let's go buy her some water from the vending machine." Jeon said suddenly, and before I could answer, he grabbed my arm and pulled me along.