A strange man

Chloe looked tired and had shadows under the eyes.  Her blond hair was disheveled. 

" Are you all right, my dear?" Emma asked her. Miller leaned over the counter and smoothed the top of her friend's hair.

" I just.. I didn't sleep very well. " Chloe said, pouring cream into paper coffee cups.  "You know about the shooting last night. It happened on the next street. There were so many police cars. And they all drove past my house." 

" Oh God I was so scared when you texted me about this last night. "Emma nodded. "It's hard to believe that this happened in our town. I wanted to ask Mr. Morgan about these murders, but I forgot." 

" Speaking of the Morgans... Melody, I texted you last night." Chloe turned to me. " Why didn't you answer me? I know you didn't sleep."

" Sorry, I was a little busy. " I said trying not to look her in the eye. "I didn't see your messages."

"I know you studying at night, but..." Chloe said. 

A mysterious smile came over Emma's face.

" Chloe, don't be offended with her. " She said. " She was busy with her future boyfriend. She had no time for your messages."

" What the future boyfriend? " she exclaimed with surprise. 

" Don't listen to Emma, she's talking nonsense. " I said, but Chloe ignored me.

"Well, so who is he? Do I know this guy?" She turned to Emma. Her eyes glinted curiously.

" No, you don't know him. He's new to our town. His name is Jeon Jungkook. He is beautiful as an anime character." Emma said. " They haven't started dating yet. But I'm working on that. "

"He's just a guest in my house and nothing more. " I rolled my eyes.

"Well yes, of course. He's just a guest... " Emma said sarcastically. The girl took her paper cup of coffee and reached for the wooden box where the sugar packets were. " I bet you'll start dating him before the end of this month. "

Chloe smiled.

"It would be interesting to see this guy. " She said.

I'm sure Chloe wouldn't want to see him if she knew that he was the one who killed 5 people last night.

" You'll meet him. He'll go to our school." Emma said stirring the sugar in her coffee.

I'm tired of this conversation. I took my paper cup and turned away from my friends. They kept talking. I barely listened to their conversation. 

I took a sip and turned my attention back to the guys sitting at a table in the corner of the room. I couldn't understand why I was so interested in them.

I had a strange feeling that something bad is about to happen. 

The guy named Taehyung wasn't looking at me anymore. I noticed that he periodically turns around and looks in the opposite direction of the room. I followed the direction of his glance. I thought Taehyung was looking at the man sitting by the window.

The man looked to be about 45 years old. He was dressed in a classic office suit. He had blond hair and an equally blond beard. He had a tattoo on his wrist. I couldn't see it clearly. It was covered by the sleeve of his white shirt almost completely.

The man was very nervous. He was tapping his fingers on the table and shifted in his chair. An empty coffee cup stood in front of him. He looked out of the window then he took his phone and started texting. I thought he was waiting for someone.

I looked back at Taehyung. A slow brooding smirk came on to his lips. He leaned over to one of his friends and whispered in his ear something.

" Chloe, do you happen to know who are these guys are?" I said.

"Are you talking about them?" the girl asked, pointing at Korean guys.

I nodded affirmatively.

"This nice guy's name is Jimin. He's been here before." She pointed. I looked at him carefully. He had light colored hair and gray contact lenses. He had beautiful facial features. His lips were so gorgeous that he could have been in a lipstick commercial. When Jimin saw that Chloe was pointing at him, he looked confused at first, then smiled and waved at her. "I know nothing about his mates. I haven't seen them before. They asked me to write on their paper coffee cups V and Suga. I doubt that these are their real names."

" You already have Jungkook!" Emma said. " Don't look at other guys."

I was boiling with indignation.

" When we get back you'll tell Jungkook that he's my future boyfriend, okay? Let's see what he has to say about that. I'm sure he won't like it either. " I blurted out.

" Okay." Emma smiled.

The man who was sitting by the window got up from the table and walked towards us, looking around nervously.  He came up to us and Vader growled.

"Excuse me, where is the police station? " He asked Chloe

" It's a couple of blocks away." My friend started telling him how to get there.

"Did something happen? Do you need help? " I asked. " My father is the chief of police. I can call him... " 

The man looked at me strangely.

" No! Don't call him." he interrupted me. "I'm okay. I'll just go. Thanks for the help." The man said. He left the coffee shop quickly looking around.

After a few seconds Suga and Taehyung stood up from the table and also went out into the street. I saw through the window that they followed the man. 

Thank you to everyone who votes and writes comments. It really means a lot to me.