The mysterious tattoo

Jungkook became very quiet after the meeting with Jimin. He barely spoke to anyone. His mind was far away. He was probably thinking about his past, or maybe that he made a mistake leaving the organization. I looked at him totally differently now.

I didn't know anything about him. How did he live before he met me? What had he been through?

He had a scar on his cheek, but how many scars he had on his soul.

I wanted to question him about everything, but there were too many people around us.  I also didn't know if he wanted to talk to me about it. 

My father was supposed to be working all night. So he and Emma's parents agreed that JK and I should spend the night at the Millers house. It wasn't necessary, but Emma's mother insisted on it. She was very worried about us. She thought it was dangerous for us to stay home alone while murderers roamed our city.

She would be shocked if she knew the truth about Jeon.

It was 1:00 a.m. in the morning when we got to the Millers house. We were immediately sent to get ready for bed.

Jungkook was given a guest bedroom, and I was supposed to sleep in Emma's room. 

I've been to my friend's house countless times. In fact, her house was my second home. I was always welcome here.

My father always worked a lot and I spent a lot of time here, especially when I was younger.

I was standing in my pajamas before the mirror, brushing my hair. 

I could see Emma in the reflection. The girl was sitting cross-legged on the big bed, reading something on her phone. Her eyebrows rushed down together and her nose wrinkled. 

"So did you have a quarrel with him?" My friend asked suddenly. 

" What are you talking about? " I put the hairbrush on the dressing table and turned to Emma.

" You and Jungkook had a quarrel, didn't you?  He's been so glum since you came back from the interrogation.  You are also very sad and gloomy." the girl said.

" No, we didn't ..." I said

"So what happened? " she asked looking up from the screen. "You're both acting very strange."

" Nothing happens. " I said. I couldn't tell her the truth. " In a couple of days, 6 people were killed in our city. Isn't that enough to worry about?" 

" You're right, I'm sorry" The girl exhaled.  " I'm just a little scared. So many terrible things have happened..." 

"Oh, Emma..." I sat down next to my friend on the bed and patted her on the shoulder.

" I just have this weird feeling you're hiding something from me. That's not the truth... is it, Melody? " My friend looked me straight in the eyes, trusting.

I had a lump in my throat. My heart sank painfully.

" Sure, honey." I nodded. 

I felt really bad about having to lie to my best friend. 

"By the way, I found something. " the girl said. "Do you remember the tattoo on the dead man's arm?"

"Do you mean the image of Medusa?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's not just a tattoo, it's a gang sign or something like that. Look at this." She showed me some photos on her phone. They were pictures of men and women with exactly the same Medusa tattoo on their arm. "All these people are criminals. They were arrested for arms trafficking. I found it in the old news." 

It all fits together.  The men Jungkook killed were also arms dealers.  

" So the dead man was one of them..." I said softly and thoughtfully.

"  I think I've seen the same tattoo before, when I was a kid." Emma said.  " I remember it very much because I have never seen people with tattoos before. " 

Suddenly her pug Vader jumped on the bed. He had a black man's boot in his mouth.

" Hey, where did you get this? " Emma asked in surprise, and tried to take the boot away from her dog. Vader thought she was playing with him and started running on the bed. Finally we were able to catch the pug and take the boot away from him. 

"Whose boot is this?" Emma said examining the footwear. " It doesn't look like my father's boots." 

" Could it be Jungkook's boot?" I said.

" So go and ask him." A friend handed me the boot. I took it.

" Aren't you coming with me?" I asked.

" No, dear. He's your future boyfriend, not mine. I don't want to bother you two."  Emma smiled.

" You're such...a matchmaker!" I exclaimed.

" I didn't bring the boot, Vader did. " 

" Your dog is just like you a matchmaker!" 

Dog's eyes bulged and stared at me. Then he grunted discontentedly, as if in protest. 

Emma laughed. 

" Okay, I'll be right back." I said and headed for the door. 

"Nope, you're not coming back."  Emma said. " I'm sure you'll stay with him tonight, but don't worry, I'll cover for you if mom comes in here."

 " Oh, stop it. " I muttered and left the room. 

Thank you to everyone who votes and writes comments. It really means a lot to me. 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. ❤️❤️❤️