I saved his life

I opened the mirrored Cabinet above the sink and took out the painkillers.

Last fall, my dad threw out his back and the doctor prescribed him some pretty strong pills. My father cured very quickly and we still have extra painkillers.

I guess these drugs should help Jungkook now. I opened the package and poured two pills into my palm.

" Take it. " I said, handing the guy the medicine. " I'll get some water from the kitchen..."

" What's it? "

" This is the pain meds."

" I don't need it." He shook his head no.

" Oh, come on, Mr. cool guy! " I rolled my eyes.

" Do you think I can't handle a little pain?" Jeon asked defiantly.

How stubborn he is! He's bleeding, but he's still arguing.

" Listen, I'm not going to argue with you. So please just take the damn pills. I can't stitch you up if I know you're in pain." I said and left the bathroom without waiting for his answer.

I ran to my bedroom on the second floor at first. There I took a box with my medical items then I went down into the kitchen for a bottle of water.

When I returned, the guy was sitting on the edge of the tub, head down. He started to get up, but I stopped him.

" No, don't stand up. It would make me more comfortable." I said, and handed him the water and painkillers. He took the medicine, in silence.

I began cleaned his wound, carefully. Jungkook gritted his teeth in pain, but he made no sound.

The painkillers haven't started working yet. I felt sorry for the guy, but I had to hurry. He lost a lot of blood.

" So... what happened to you? " I asked.

" You don't want to know." He said. His breathing became slow and even. The pills started working and he felt better.

I finished working on his shoulder. I opened the sealed package and took out a medical thread and needle.

" I'm sorry, are you in pain? " I asked as I poked the needle through his skin. Jeon didn't even flinch. I guess that medicine finally kicked in.

" Don't talk nonsense." He snorted.

He watched my every move, carefully, while I stitched.

" You can tell me anything. I can keep a secret." I smiled. He looked me straight in the eye and grinned.

" Firstly, it's not truth. You can't keep your mouth shut. Secondly, If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

It sounded dangerous.

"I don't fear you, Jungkook." I shrugged and chuckled.

" That's because you don't know me well." He leaned closer and lowered 'his voice. I felt that he was dangerous, but I wasn't afraid of him.

" Oh, stop it!" I said irritably " If you threaten me, I'll sew your hand to your leg."

He said nothing, but turned away.

We sat in silence for a while. I continued working.

" Well, that's it." I said as I tied the last knot and cut the thread.

The guy got up and looked at his shoulder in the mirror.

" It's not perfect, but it'll do." he said finally.

I started to get mad.

I saved his life, he don't thank me. I shouldn't have felt sorry for him. He's an ungrateful jerk.

The guy staggered suddenly and grabbed the edge of the sink.

" Hey, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

" I'm fine. I'm just a little dizzy." He breathed heavily. A cold sweat bedewed his brow.

" You're not okay if you're dizzy."  I exclaimed; " You have to lie down. I'll take you to the guest bedroom. Let me help you." 

I held out my arms to him but he waved me away.

" I can go by myself. " He said firmly, " Lead the way."