An Unexpected Guest

My life was ordinary before him. 

I've never been looking for a trouble. I studied hard, prepared to go to University, but was until Jeon Jungkook stepped foot inside my house.

But first things first.

My name is Melody Morgan. I'm 17. I live with my father in a small town near Chicago. I don't remember my mother at all. She just left us when I was child.

My dad is a police chief and a real workaholic. He works all the time. So I spend a lot of time alone. I've gotten used to being alone, over the years. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm never bored, especially now. I've been studying all the time lately. Final exams are in a few months.

I want to go to College and study to be a doctor.

My father was on night duty, that night. I was sitting at my desk writing in a copybook.

 I read all my notes and leaned back in my chair. My eyes ached. I grimaced as I took a sip from my cup. My hot chocolate with mint syrup is completely cold. I didn't like it.

I picked up my iPhone and checked the time. It was almost 2:00 a.m.

I heard the sound of a car approaching, outside the window. The ceiling of my room was lit up by the headlights of a car. I got up from the desk and pulled back the curtains to see my father's car parked in front of the house.

Too early. He should have been back much later.

I quickly went down to the first floor to meet my father in the hallway and ask him what was wrong.

I was at the bottom of the stairs when the front door opened and my father came in.

He was very surprised to see me standing on the bottom step, in my pajamas and bare feet.

" Melody Rose why aren't you in bed? " My parent said and looked at me reproachfully.

I lowered my head, avoiding his hard gaze.

"I was studying. " I said

"You're doing well to study so much, but we've already talked that you need to going to bed before midnight."

My dad and I agreed on this, it's true. However, I often disregarded our agreement. My father always come back from night duty around 8 a.m. For this reason, I could go to sleep whenever I wanted. Dad had no way to check up on me.

"Why aren't you at work? Is something wrong?" I asked, wanting to change the subject.

Dad frowned and took a step aside. He was a very tall man, almost 6 ' 3 " tall. So I didn't immediately see the unexpected guest behind him.

There was a young asian guy on my doorstep. He was about my age. The stranger was almost a full head taller than me. He was wearing a black jacket, a black t-shirt, and torn black jeans.

My gaze shifted to his face. He had a pretty mole under his lower lip. A small scar was on the stranger's left cheek.

The guy had incredibly beautiful eyes. Their irises were dark brown, almost black.  His eyes were like a black abyss. However, he looked at me unfriendly.

I was embarrassed and looked away.

My father took the guest by the shoulder and pushed the guy into the house.

"This is Jeon Jungkook. He will stay with us for a few days." My parent said. "And this is my daughter, Melody. I hope you get along."

The guy didn't say Hello, just gave me a cold look and chuckled. I decided to follow his example and didn't say Hello either.I didn't say anything either.

____________________________________________________________________

Hello, my dear reader. English is not my first language. If you see errors in my text, you can help correct them. Thanks.