Chapter 65

Exactly a week before the wedding Devin met up with Liam in his house to play basketball. When they were finished with their game they both sat in the middle of the court.

Devin moved his wrist because he felt a sharp pain. Meanwhile Liam was busy rolling a blunt.

"Don't your parents get mad if you smoke here?" Devin asked Liam who looked back at his house and shrugged, "they're not here they left a week ago and said they'd be here in time for your wedding" Liam said.

"Where'd they go?" Devin asked.

"Puerto Rico" Liam said and looked at Devin. "What's wrong?" Liam asked.

"I don't know my wrist started to hurt" Devin said. "It's probably because of the way you shoot the ball" Liam smiled.

"I still beat you didn't I?" Devin quit moving his wrist and handed his lighter to Liam.

"I had to let you win to boost your self esteem for your wedding day" Liam handed Devin the blunt. "It really doesn't bother Mal that you smoke?" Liam asked.

"No, well I usually smoke out in the balcony and I do it twice a week or when I hang out with you but not daily." Devin said.

"Still cant believe you're marrying her, it's crazy. Great crazy of course" Liam smiled.

"Speaking of partners, are you taking anyone to the wedding?" Devin raised his brow. Liam grabbed the blunt and took a hit. He let the smoke out before answering Devins question, "No, Noelle's going to be there and I'm hoping she won't take anyone as well so I can hang out with her and maybe ask her to dance, make sure to play slow music so it can be my excuse" Liam smiled.

"You still like her huh" Devin said. Liam nodded as he rubbed his eye, "she's the only girl I've gotten along with very well, she has a great sense of humor and doesn't take my jokes to seriously. We agreed to be friends which I'm fine with but if we can connect again that would be great too. I'm not going to pressure her because sometimes I want to flirt with her but I dont want that to push her away" Liam said.

"I remember the day you met her and you came back asking if I knew who she was because you liked how soft her hands where" Devin laughed.

"She has nice hands but that was my excuse. You know while we danced and she had the mask on I wasn't nervous I was being typical me but when I saw her without the mask and spoke to her I felt nervous and even got shy. Obviously I felt like an idiot but I don't regret it" Liam smiled.

"You don't regret feeling like an idiot?" Devin laughed. Liam shook his head no with so much pride, "I'd do it again" Liam said.

"So call her and ask her to be your plus one for the wedding" Devin grabbed his phone and handed it to Liam.

"You don't think I'd do it?" Liam raised his brow.

"I know how you feel for her and know damn well you won't do it" Devin smiled.

"I'll show you" Liam grabbed his phone and looked for Noelle's name in his contacts then looked back at Devin, "you're right I wouldn't do it. Ill ask her to hang out with us or go eat with us" Liam said as he was about to call her.

"She won't come, Mal and her went over to Elie Saabs to try on their dresses" Devin said.

"Oh that's right she's Mallory's maid of honor, what about Bellami is she going to the wedding?" Liam asked Devin.

"I don't know, I think she sent her an invitation but I doubt she'll show up" Devin shrugged.

Liam remembered something and began laughing. Devin frowned as he didn't know as to why Liam was laughing.

"Remember our last year in high school when we were asking who'd we go for if Mallory or Bellami and you answered that you had dated Bellami before so you'd stick with her and now you're about to marry Mallory" Liam said.

~

Mallory and Noelle stepped into the nearest bar they found because Mallory for so long had been wanting a margarita.

"We should take a shot before ordering our drink" Noelle said as they reached the bar.

To Mallory's luck Ezekiel was in the same bar with four of his friends from college.

"Check it out" one of the guys said and looked in Mallory's and Noelle's direction not knowing Ezekiel knew them. Ezekiel was the last to turn and saw Mallory taking a shot of tequila.

"I'll be back" Ezekiel said and got up to walk towards Mallory.

"Do you know them?" His friend asked but he didn't answer and continued walking.

"Can I get a margarita with an extra shot of 1942" Mallory smiled. Noelle ordered a sex on the beach and felt her phone vibrate from a text she had received.

Mallory looked over shoulder and saw Ezekiel making her turn towards the bartender, "is that zeke coming this way?" Mallory asked Noelle who looked up from her phone.

"Mhm" Noelle said looking away because he was five steps away from them. Mallory set her hand on her forehead and felt her body shake when she heard his voice.

"Hey" he said.

"Hi" Noelle responded but Mallory didn't nor did she look at him. Ezekiel looked at Mallory then at Noelle, "Can I speak with her alone?" He asked Noelle.

"Umm maybe ask her if she's fine with that" Noelle said to Ezekiel. Ezekiel nodded and looked at Mallory, "can we speak Mal?" He asked.

Mallory closed her eyes as she was still covering her eyes before deciding to nod and looked at Noelle.

"I'll go sit over there" Noelle pointed to a lounge in the corner. She grabbed her bag and walked away.

Ezekiel thanked Noelle in a whisper that she still heard and stepped close to the counter of the bar where he tapped his hands before sitting on the stool that Noelle was in.

"Hey" he said and waited for Mallory to look at him. Mallory moved the straw of her drink that the bartender had just set in front of her then took Noelle's drink to where she was sitting.

Mallory slowly turned to look at him as he was already looking at her. Ezekiel smiled and Mallory looked over her shoulder to see his friends drinking beer and being loud as they had conversations and made jokes before turning back to look at him with her hand trembling.