Chapter 16

"I'm sorry for taking long" Mallory said as she stepped besides Colton. "It's fine, your friend was actually having a drink with me" Colton smiled.

"What friend?" Mallory asked. "Said his name was Ezekiel" Colton nodded.

Mallory turned around to see Ezekiel who raised his glass at her with a smile when he spotted her looking at him. "What did he say?" Mallory frowned.

"Not much. Is he the love of your life?" Colton smiled. "Is that what he said?" Mallory frowned.

"No he just came over and said he was a friend of yours but it seems to me like you guys were more than that" Colton said. "It was nothing important" Mallory responded. Colton nodded.

"Are you going to leave me to drink alone all night?" Colton smiled. Mallory shook her head no and asked for a drink.

They began walking around the ball before Colton asked Mallory if she wanted to dance. Liam and Noelle were walking towards the dance floor as well. Mallory looked at them and smiled when she saw Noelle laughing with Liam.

She never thought she would enjoy seeing Liam with one of her family members. She liked that Noelle was smiling. Mallory pulled Colton with her towards them. "Colton you've met my cousin Noelle" Mallory said.

"Yeah, its great to see you" Colton said to Noelle who smiled. "This is Liam a friend of ours, Liam this is Colton my date" Mallory smiled when she looked at Colton.

They shook each others hands before getting into a conversation. As Colton spoke to them he felt his phone vibrating and took it out of his pocket.

"I have to get this, excuse me" Colton said before walking away.

"What happened with you and Ezekiel?" Liam asked Mallory. Mallory looked at Noelle then at Liam. "He hates me" Mallory said.

Liam slightly looked at Ezekiels direction. "That's not what it looks like. He's literally cutting right through your friend" Liam smiled. "He's dating Hailey" Mallory said.

Liam raised his brows remembering that he's the one who introduced Ezekiel to Hailey at one of the previous balls. Liam watched as Colton was walking back towards them.

"Sorry, it was my mom. She wanted to know if I'll be with them for thanksgiving" Colton chuckled.

Liam looked at Colton, "I feel like I've seen you before"

Colton raised his brows, "I'm an artist and sold one of my paintings just recently, maybe you saw it in a magazine with my picture" Colton shrugged.

"Colton lives in New York" Mallory smiled. "New York? Sounds like a good place to live in" Liam said. "Yeah maybe you guys can come visit someday" Colton smiled.

"Do you want dance?" Colton asked Mallory. She nodded and he took her hand as he lead her to the dance floor just as a new song was playing. He grabbed her hand and put his other hand on her waist. As she put her hand on his shoulder.

"Never in my life did I think I'd attend a ball" Colton smiled. "Well I hope your first experience is going good so far" Mallory said as she moved with him.

"Best night of my life. Dancing with a beautiful girl under these roses and-, are they real roses?" Colton asked.

"Every single one of them" Mallory nodded. "They lock perfectly with the beauty of your eyes" Colton smiled.

"You're good" Mallory looked at him. "Can I rest my head on your chest?" She asked.

"You didn't have to ask" Colton responded and Mallory rested her head on his chest as she continued to dance to the slow music with him. She looked around and spotted Ezekiel looking directly at her with a serious face.