Chapter Two

The video shoot for Sevyn and Chris' song ended up going for most of the day and we hit multiple different locations

The video shoot for Sevyn and Chris' song ended up going for most of the day and we hit multiple different locations. It wasn't until four in the afternoon when everything wrapped up. I was in the middle of packing up the last of my things when Sevyn and Chris approached me, both now dressed in their original clothes.

"Today was amazing, thank you both for the opportunity to work with people like yourselves."

Sevyn shook her head. "We should be the ones thanking you. You had us looking phenomenal out there."

Yes, I put some makeup on Chris too but that's pretty standard with photo and video shoots. It's generally very minimal with males though. 

"We actually were wondering if you wanted to come out with us tonight as a thank you. My boy is having a concert tonight and then we're going to a club afterwards."

"It'll also be a good way for you to network. I'd personally introduce you to anyone of interest." Sevyn added. 

"I'd love to, but I have my son."

"You don't have anyone who can watch him?" Chris asked. 

I sighed. "Let me go get him from daycare and call one of my friends. Then I'll let you know."

"Alright." He replied and hugged me. "Hopefully I'll see you later, if not then I'm sure we'll cross paths again anyway."

Then Sevyn hugged me. "Hopefully you're able to come. Thank you again."

From there we all went our separate ways. I loaded all my things into my car and drove over to pick up my son. As soon as I stepped into the daycare he ran over to me happily as he always does. I know he loves this place because he's with his friends all day, but I also know how much he misses being around me - he's a mommy's boy...not that he's really ever had a choice. I thanked the women who run the place before leaving with Loyal and heading home. 

While we were in the car I connected my phone to the bluetooth and called Larissa. She's from Chicago too - born and raised. I've known her since we were about four and we've always been close, so when I moved to New York, the place that she'd called home for five years, she was supporting me every step of the way and that support has never stopped. Soon her voice fluttered through the sound system.

"Hey girl!" 

"Hey Rissa. How are you?"

"You know me, always up to something. These people really do test the hell out of me."

I giggled. "I don't know how many times I have told you to leave that place. They barely respect you, yet they'd go bankrupt without you. It makes zero sense. Trust me when I say that if I looked anything like you, I would seriously get into modelling or acting."

"Mmmm, we'll see. Anyway how's my main man Loyal?"

"Hi aunty!" Loyal practically screamed.

"Awww hey little man! Aunty misses you."