Chapter Six

"Yes mom, I'm back in New York

"Yes mom, I'm back in New York." I said into the phone while unpacking everything from my suitcase. 

I've been on the phone with her for ten minutes and she's really driving me nuts. She means well and I do enjoy moments like this since I don't see her a lot but right now I just want to finishing getting all my stuff out of my suitcase and into the washing machine and then go for a well deserved nap like Loyal is currently doing.

Los Angeles was fun and not even August's rude self could ruin that for me. I made the most of my few days there and so did Loyal who became super close with Royalty or 'his baby' as he calls her - much to Chris' dismay. I also got introduced to so many people and made plenty of new connections, my favourite being with Mr Tremaine Neverson himself but let's not get into that right now.

"Well have you thought about coming over here for the holidays? You haven't been back since you left even though you said you would." My mom asked with a hopeful tone.

"I don't know ma, I'll see what happens. You know how busy I can get."

"Mmmm and that's what you always say Denise."

When my mom calls me by my middle name I know she's in her feelings. It's not my fault that I haven't been back to Chicago, I just haven't had the courage to. I left the place for a reason and that was because the whole atmosphere was too much and I'm still not over it. I'm scared of the reaction I could possibly have if and when I do go back.

"Look mom, I gotta go. I love you and we'll talk later."

She sighed. "Love you too Ever baby. Give my grandbaby some sugar from his MawMaw."

"I will ma. Take care."

"You too honey, bye."

We hung up and I placed my phone down on my dresser before finishing emptying my suitcase of all it's contents. I took all my dirty clothes to the laundry room and put them in the washer before going back to my bedroom and straight into my bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and got into the shower, allowing the warm water to cascade down my body. 

When I was all washed up and clean, I turned the shower off and stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel. That's when my phone sounded from inside my bedroom. I walked into the room and a smile graced my face when I saw who was texting me. 

From Tremaine: Imma call u later, u better pick up 😇

I giggled and quickly replied.

To Tremaine: What happens if I don't? 

His reply came through real quick and it made my cheeks redden.

From Tremaine: I'll keep that to myself since we just met baby, u really better pick up tho

To Tremaine: Lucky for u, I think I can pencil u in...I'll be waiting 😘