Epilogue

A year ago today I published this book, not entirely sure of where it would go or if I would even manage to finish it. Now I'm publishing the epilogue and celebrating my birthday at the same time. The amount of support I have received for this story is incredible, and for that I thank you. When it came to writing this ending I wasn't sure what I wanted, I just knew it had to live up to the story title, and I truly believe that it does.

So, with all this being said, once again that you for the support and enjoy this final chapter!

I stood beside August who was doing his best to console me as we watched our once little girls blow out the candles on their fifth birthday cakes

I stood beside August who was doing his best to console me as we watched our once little girls blow out the candles on their fifth birthday cakes. Where has time gone? They were just my little babies, only a few months old and dependent on us as ever, now they are five and two of the most independent children I know. They barely want me to do anything for them anymore. 

"It's fine baby, you should be happy."

"I can't help it." I sobbed and snuggled into his side some more. "These hormones just have me feeling everything on an even deeper level. It's your fault!"

August chuckled and pecked my forehead. "Yeah it is and I'm proud of it. Any day now and we'll have the final piece to our puzzle."

Yes, you heard correctly. My cunning brat of a husband got me pregnant again. I can't put this all on recklessness though because we genuinely planned this out. I got on birth control right after the wedding and just over a year ago I got back off it because we decided that we wanted to try for one more baby. A few months later we got the news that I was two months pregnant and now here I am, carrying full term and waiting to birth this baby any day now. 

On one hand I'm excited to have a baby around the house again but at the same time it's sad to think that this is going to be our last child together. I know it's for the best though. My body has been through a lot in terms of pregnancy and I don't think I could handle anymore than this. August is happy with my decision and supports it one hundred percent, though I know when I chose to go on birth control he wasn't very happy. It took a long talk between us for everything to come full circle. I was content with the family we already had but I wasn't completely against having another child, just not so soon after Heaven and Honour. He came around but I know he always held out hope because he wanted another baby, so when I told him I was pregnant after getting off birth control, his reaction was adorable.

I sat on the bathroom floor with Larissa who was cradling her and Chris' newborn baby, Lovely. The pregnancy tests were clasped in my hands but I couldn't yet bring myself to look at them. It's only been a few months since I came off of birth control and even though we've actively been trying, I didn't think this would happen so soon. 

"Everly, you're going to have to look at them sooner or later."

"What if I'm really not pregnant though? August is going to be disappointed. I know he will be."