Chapter Seven

"So, which man is trying to get their claws into you this time?" Larissa asked, propping herself up on my bed with another pillow as I finished my hair and makeup

"Wouldn't you like to know miss head over heels for Christopher Maurice Brown."

She blushed and tried to laugh it off. "Hey at least I'll admit that I like him. You on the other hand, you'll go to the grave denying it if you could." 

"That's cause I like my private life." I said, popping the p. "How do I look?"

"Gorgeous as always. What are you wearing though?"

"I have no idea...I mean I thought of a few things but I don't know. This guy is kinda different from the rest."

"Different as in...?"

I sighed. Fuck it, I'll just tell her. She'll find out eventually anyway. I just wanted to keep this to myself in case tonight doesn't turn out well or something like that. I don't want Rissa to get her hopes up for me.

"It's Tremaine."

She frowned. "Tremaine?"

"Neverson."

Her eyes widened and in an instant she'd sat up straight. "Get the fuck out, you are going on a date with Trey Songz?!" 

"Mmhmm. We got talking at the party and we just vibed with each other. He flew into New York this morning and has been doing a few errands but asked me to dinner with him, so I agreed. If there's any ounce of something there, even if it is just a great friendship, then I am willing to explore it."

"Oh girl, I'm so excited. You definitely have to wear this." She said and disappeared into my closet and came back a few minutes later with one of my designer dresses in her hand - I'd bought it one day but never had anywhere to wear it to, plus I shouldn't have bought it in the first place because it cost the same as a month's rent in LA. 

"I don't know, what if he just wants to go somewhere casual?"

"Bitch this is Trey motherfucking Songz we are talking about not some bum off the streets. He's not going to take you to a Wendys or a Burger King. Y'all are definitely going somewhere nice, especially if he wants to win you over."

I giggled and took the dress from her. "That's all good and well but I'd rather not. Maybe if there's a second date." 

"Oh bitch there will be." She clapped and walked back into my closet and returned with a black top, black jeans and some black boots. "This?"

"Perfect."

"Great. I'll go check on Loyal and then I'll come back."

Once she'd left the room, I removed my robe and slipped into my outfit - putting the top on first and then putting the jeans over the top before slipping on my shoes. At that moment my phone buzzed on my dresser. I picked it up and smiled at the screen.