Chapter Fifty Two

"Chicago

"Chicago...it's an honour for me to be back out here again but more importantly to me, it's an honour to be able to bring my fiance to the place where she was born and raised and to be able to show our son where his biological father grew up and where he now lays to rest. Y'all welcome them onto the stage with me."

Everly held on tightly to Loyal's hand as Big T walked them out and then posted himself up by the band. I picked up my son and Everly snuggled into my side with her baby bump on full display. Of course the crowd was going absolutely insane. 

When I managed to talk Everly into coming, her condition was that Terence stayed with her the whole time and that for peace of mind about safety, only Loyal would come with us - the rest of the kids would stay in New Orleans with her mom and mine. We've been out here for two days and this is the first time Everly's actually come out of the hotel. She let me take Loyal around wherever I went but she stayed put in the room. She was quite emotional when we landed so I just let her be. I know she just needed to go through whatever she was feeling and that there wasn't any reason to pressure her to go out, honestly her even coming to Chicago is enough for me. It proves just how much strength she has...though she doesn't give herself enough credit for that. 

"This next song was something I wrote for my nieces in honour of my late sister Chandra and my late brother Melvin, but tonight I'd like to dedicate it to my soon to be wife and the boy who made me step into fatherhood."

I looked at Loyal who smiled at me and rested his head on my shoulder. Again, the crowd went wild. I love that the Nation are so supportive of me, of the things that I do and the decisions I make for my life. I love that they love my family, however 'different' the makeup may be. The band then started playing 'Sincerely.' All phone lights seemed to turn on as the lights dimmed and I began to sing verse after verse.

As the song came to an end and the final chorus approached, the entire crowd all cooed at once. I looked to see where they were looking and all eyes were on Everly who was bawling her eyes out. I smiled and turned to face her, grabbing her hand and placing it on my chest before wrapping my free arm around her waist.

Sincerely
I love you with everything in me
P.S., I hope that you feel me
Hope you know I got you
Without a doubt in my heart
Yours truly

She wrapped her arms around me, all the while being careful of Loyal. I adjusted slightly and soon all three of us were sharing a hug. After a couple minutes we separated and turned to face the crowd.

"Chicago I love y'all. Thank you so much for having me back here and for showing love continuously to me and my family. Stay blessed!"

"Bye!" Loyal yelled out and waved as we walked off stage making Everly and I laugh. "Daddy I'm hungry."

"What do you want to eat little man?"

He shrugged. "I eat anything."

"We could go out to eat if mommy wants to." I replied and bit my lip as I glanced down at Everly who was looking straight ahead studying someone in the distance. "Baby? You good?"